27 October 2023

New Home

 Hi Everyone, I can't get over where the time has gone, I have been busy, and every time I wanted to do comments or come on here I've been thwarted. I've definitely been very busy doing nothing. 

I made this card to welcome hubby's sister and her husband to their new home. The same heart was used here. I coloured it with marker pen then placed it onto the card base and drew a pencil line of the centre, the space was then inked. The heart was then placed over it and was attached to the card base. 

I then die cut a house, cutting off the top layer, due to them moving to the bungalow. The roof was die cut, they were coloured with markers and attached to the house layer. I added sparkle pen to the door, you can see it in the second photo. Next, I stamped and gold embossed the sentiment and a set of keys. The sentiment and keys were fussy cut and added to the heart. 

Yesterday, I decided to spend all day on my 'puter catching up. Then we had a call to say our BiL had been taken into hospital after a fall, last week they moved into the bungalow, so are still in the middle of unpacking. We were asked to house sit and wait for the man who was coming to connect their telephone, everyone else in the family was in work.  I'm sad to say BiL who is 90 isn't well.

heart - die unknown
house, keys, sentiment - Magazine freebies
marker pens and sparkle pen - Spectrum Noir
 embossing powder - Altenew
ink - Distress Inks tumbled glass

 
Close up of the shine of embossing and sparkle pen.

22 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a beautiful new home card. thanks for showing the shine. S sorry to hear about the accident, such a shame. I hope he recovers well xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful New Home card Faith and wishing your BIL a speedy recovery.
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sorry for your BIL's fall, at 90 isn't good, and such unlucky accident during a moving in a new home! Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery!
Your card for the new home is so sweet and pretty with all that shine and sparkling!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is the most gorgeous bright card to welcome your SiL and BiL to their new home and it made me chuckle when you chopped off the top storey of the house because it was a bungalow! And then I stopped laughing when I read about the fall. I do hope all is well. Sending hugs Faith, Vicky x

Liz said...

A beautiful New Home card Faith, clever idea to change the house into a bungalow. Wishing your BIL a speedy recovery. xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful New Home card Faith, perfect for moving to a bungalow. Very sorry to hear your BiL is unwell and hope he will soon be feeling better.
Pauline xx

brenda said...

Do hope your BIL is OK, not a good age for a fall, it's a lovely card for them.

B x

Carol L said...

what a precious little card to welcome loved ones to their new home. I'm so sorry to learn your BIL had a fall before enjoying his new home. I hope he can recover from it at his tender age. Hugs

Janette said...

Beautiful new home card Faith.
So sorry about your Bil, do hope he has a speedy recovery. xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

That's a beautiful and happy card for such a nice occasion, Faithie. I'm just sorry to hear about his fall, prayers he will get better! XOX

kiwimeskreations said...

That is a beautiful card Faith, and so thoughtful of you. How sad to hear of your Bill's fall. Praying for a good outcome
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO sweet, Faith. What new homeowner wouldn't absolutely LOVE this card? It's adorable. What a fun and fabulous die cut. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to leave some love. I'm on vacation (visiting with daughter, SIL, and two grandbabies) and finally found some time to make a few comments. It lead me here to your sweet blog. I hope you're having a great week, making pretty things (like this) and just having a blessed time. Take care, my friend.
Karen

Hetty said...

Love the card, Faith, I would frame it in my new home!! That heart is so beautiful around the home.
Wishing your BIL a speedy recovery and hope he can enjoy his new bungalow for many years to come.

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful New Home card Faith, a lovely design. What a pity about your BiL having a fall, I hope he recovers soon, Kate x

Rosemary said...

Lovely way to welcome your sister-in-law and her hubby into their new home, Faith. Love the way you arranged all the elements within the heart. I'm sorry to hear that he has fallen and is not doing well. Sending good thoughts for a swift recovery for him.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so cute! Sorry to hear about your BIL. Hope he get's better soon.

Leslie said...

Love this! Perfect for a new home!

Maria said...

Oh, what a pretty card for a new home owner! Sorry to hear about your BIL. I hope he has a speedy recovery. Take care and have a great rest of the week!

Linby said...

What a pretty and effective design. Sorry to read about your BIL hope he is on the mend.

creationsnz said...

I love to hear about how people creatively change things from how they were - a great card for anew home. Sounds like they moved to a bungalow in the nick of time, so much easier for him to get round - best wishes for a good recovery. CarolG

pinky said...

It's so sad to hear your BIL didn't get time to enjoy his new home Faith. You made them a beautiful new home card for sure.

Pat said...

I love your heart shaped die with the pretty flowers framing the house and it makes a wonderful 'New Home' card Faith. x