16 October 2023

Autumn birthday

 Hi Everyone, I hope you are all well. My card today is for one of my SiL, she is a card maker too, so I like to do something different for her. When my brother and she visited last month, I showed her how to stamp, (she uses, and very well too, Photoshop and her Silhouette, as I do.) She hadn't seen stamping done, so my card had to be stamping and die cut.

I wanted autumnal colours as she loves these colours. I decided unusually to decide on the colour of the card, before stamping and colouring. I stamped an envelope and a "sent with love" with the same colour ink as the darker orange card. Then stamped the flowers and coloured them with DI's, to match the card. They don't show very well, but in a certain light they do. If that makes sense.
 
Next was the design, I felt keeping it simple would show the  images off. So die cut the background cards and as a bow was included with the stamped images, I cut one to place beneath the group of flowers on the bottom. The envelope flowers were fussy cut, you know I love fussy cutting, ugh!  It had to be done. Then die cut the single flowers and leaves. Next, I stamped and die cut the sentiment and shaded it to match. 
envelope stamp & bow die - Magazine freebies SCP#246
single flowers and dies - Card Making Magic
sentiment stamp & die - Julie Hickey
coloured card - Lidl
inks - Distress Inks, ripe persimmon, rusty hinge, forest green,
 pine needles, spiced marmalade, dried marigold

here is a close up of the background.

24 comments:

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Faith. Love the autumnal colours you’ve used.

brenda said...

A beautiful Autumnal card for your SIL Faith, I am sure it was well received. It's easy to forget that everyone had different styles of crafting and not all stamp so it's nice you have given her a new dimension to her crafting.

B x

Janette said...

Hi Faith, I am always surprised to hear that some people just don't stamp, I have no idea why, but there we go !!
I think your SIL will just love this, its so pretty and the colours are gorgeous. Whats the thoughts on her becoming a stamper I wonder...please let us know, haha. xx

Carol L said...

You're a great teacher Faith! I'm sure your SIL enjoyed this new learning experience with stamping and that is one pretty card for autumn. I love that stamped background.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful Birthday card for your SIL, I'm sure she will love it! So good having someone in family with the same interest,isn't it? Enjoy for both!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. May the Lord bless you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Faith and I'm sure your SiL will love it. It's such a pretty floral design made with the stamped die cuts, Kate x

Christine said...

Great card. Perfect colours

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and flowers,love the Autumn colours.
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Faith, and I love all the details you have included. Your fussy cutting looks amazing :) as does you background
Blessings
Maxine

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous floral card Faith .. love the detailed flowers and the beautiful autumnal colours.
Pauline xx

pinky said...

Oh I am sure you have converted your sister in law to stamping with that gorgeous card Faith. The colours are so beautiful!

jimlynn said...

I know you said you don't like to do it, but the fussy cutting is wonderful - and so is the card. I love the colors you used and the images and design. So pretty and I know she's going to love it too.
Beautiful!
Lynn

Linby said...

Just gorgeous.

Hetty said...

Beautiful birthday wishes for your SIL.
Love the way you did the flowers.

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful Autumnal card Faith the fabulous deep colours and the flowers look ACE
hugs
lorraine x

Rosemary said...

Lovely card for your SIL, Faith! The images done up in autumnal colors are so pretty.

Shirley Young said...

Love your colour theme Faith, a beautiful card xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

That's a really sweet card for your sil, Faithie. And how cool you introduced her to stamping. xoxo

HilaryJane said...

You have definitely shown off the stamping here. Love it bet your SIL does too xx

creationsnz said...

So glad you showed her how to stamp Faith, her crafting world will be so much bigger now, especially with heat embossing. I am still amazed (after 20 years cardmaking) when that EP melts - magic!
I'm sure she'll be thrilled with her autumny flowers - always nice to get a bunch of flowers. The subtle stamping in the background works well and doesn't overpower the main images. Cheers, CarolG

Lisa said...

Great layering, coloring and imagery on this cute card.

Leslie said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors and the dainty stamps!

Pat said...

Such wonderful autumnal colours for these pretty flowers Faith, and I love the background with the envelopes and words which works brilliantly, and I'm sure your SIL must have loved it. x