04 October 2023

Get Well TMR

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for 

Quite a few years ago, I visited a blog that was associated with Squigglefly digital images. Now no more. However, I had saved one of her cards, (I think she was Helen?) as I loved the great sentiment, which I have adapted from that card for today.

The image was just perfect to suit the sentiment, my colouring is not as I liked, but fur has many shades, hasn't it? The eyes, to match the door colour, have 3D glaze to make them shine. The balloon was, after colouring, painted with a clear sparkle pen. I designed a shaped card and a simple door in Silhouette, so that I could add the door and then place the image onto the card layer. The sentiment, with two layers, as I said, adapted from a long ago card, was layered onto the door, cut from 2 different green card. 
image Beccy's Place
inks - Distress Inks, tea dye, vintage photo,mowed lawn,scattered straw, lost shadow.
3D glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze
sparkle pen - Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen.
Silhouette 
here are the designs from my Silhouette, that were cut out. The little yellow spots are the gold card door knob I added.

23 comments:

Janette said...

I think the colouring is fine, it shows movement in his fur. This is such a sweet card Faith, really nice. xx

brenda said...

Can see why you kept that sentiment Faith, it's fun and is the happy chappie holding the balloon, sure to bring a smile to the recipients face.

B x

Carol L said...

That is the cutest get well card for a guy, and I'm glad you saved that sentiment! It's genius for a card like this! I love how you colored that bear too!

jimlynn said...

What a cute idea with the bear peeking around the door. Great door too by the way! That sentiment is so cute and I can see why you saved that. Cute, cute card!
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

Smashing card Faith love, love that image he reminds me of Baloo off Jungle Book, the sentiment is ACE and I remember Squigglefly I have some of their images a super make.
hugs
lolo x

HilaryJane said...

i think this turned out brilliantly and your bear looks great. He is so unusual, I don't think I have seen him before. Your colouring has given him more character. I love it. Great sentiment too xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, that will surely elicit a chuckle from the recipient, love it, xoxo

crafty-stamper said...

Great get well card love the bear and perfect sentiment
Carol x

Maria said...

What a cute fun card! Love the big bear and the awesome sentiment!

Shirley Young said...

A great shaped design Faith and the sentiment is wonderful as is your colouring. It would certainly cheer anyone up xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, your design makes me wishing the Silhouette! :D LOL Love so much the design, so clever, and that fun bear with balloon! Great colouring!

cuilliesocks said...

A brilliant card Faith, I love the design and the image and what a super sentiment, Kate x

Sue said...

Fabulous shaped card Faith! I keep humming and harring about getting a scan and cut or silhouette but I can't make my mind up..have a great weekend hugs xx

Rosemary said...

Love your fun get well card, Faith! The bear is so cute and that sentiment will be sure to bring a smile to the face of whoever receives the card.

Linby said...

I've never seen that clever sentiment before and it looks great on your card.

Lisa said...

Great design with the door and all the cut outs. That bear reminds me of a bear costume I wore once for a company outing. It is so cute!

Brenda said...

OMGosh, what a fabulous get well card Faith! I love that door and your big bear with the balloon, such a fun sentiment and card! Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Chrissy said...

Hee hee, he is so cute and fun Faith, fabulous card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarn said...

Ha, ha ha . . . . HEALium . . . sure to cheer up the recipient. Love it xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Love your goofy bear and the fur looks as if it might be rippling in the draught from keeping the door open!! Heal-ium made me chuckle! Vicky x

Leslie said...

Okay, now that's really cute! I love puns!

MortiCraft said...

What a fun card Faith. The sentiment is very good! I love how the bear is coming in from behind the door. X

creationsnz said...

I specially like this Faith, such an interesting card and is fab for a man. CarolG