13 September 2023

60th Anniversary

 Hi Everyone, well the heat has broken, why was I complaining? Now I miss it! I suppose the upside is, we don't have to water the garden.

One of my old work colleagues celebrated her 60th Wedding Anniversary and this is the card I made for her.

I went looking for a heart and found this in my stash, a NBUS, I've not got any identity for it, so if anyone knows, I can edit and add the information here. Anyhow, I started with embossing the outer edge, another NBUS, both had for at least 3 years, then stamped the sentiment and die cut the heart and 60 twice. Then layered them together and added them to the embossed card. I cut a silver layer for it, then added them to the main card. Only then did I decide to add gems and as the hole was too large for the silver gems, I added a pearl. Not sure that it's right, but? I also added silver glitter gel pen to the tiny flowers and the bottom of the centre heart. 

The envelope sentiment, which I have meant to show before, was sent with a prize I received from The Snippets Playground. I love it and use it on most of my envelopes. I couldn't get a good photo of the card standing up, so used the one I laid the card onto the envelope.

embossing folder - Crafters Companion
heart die - unknown
sentiment stamps - Magazine freebie
number die - First edition
gems - stash
silver card - The Range
silver glitter pen - Uniball
 
In case some of you don't know NBUS means Never-Before-Used-Schtuff!
 Darnell coined the acronym NBUS in 2013
 

20 comments:

brenda said...

That's so very elegant Faith, beautifully designed for a very special occasion.

B x

Janette said...

Beautiful and I agree with Brenda, its so elegant.
We have woken to a real chilly start, more like September weather to me though, all sunny but cold if you know what I mean....Still put some washing out but I doubt it will do much...happy days :)) xxx

Carol L said...

This is such a special card for a very special occasion too! Loving the hint of metallic card behind the white along with that beautiful die-cut heart! Beautiful!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card and I love that embossing folder you used. The little envelope sentiment is perfect!
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous elegent card love the beautiful dies and your envelope sentiment
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Not only elegant, but also so sweet and full of dimensions, love this Anniversary card! Beautiful heart die and embossed panel and the touches of silver are just perfect, as well the half pearl. The sentiment on the envelope is so adorable!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, your friends are sure to cherish that card. What a unique and pretty heart die. Can't help you name it as I've never seen it before but it goes perfectly with the embossing folder. We've gotten a slight break in our heat too, but no rain, alas. We are in what they call Exceptional Drought, the highest level. We were cloudy with lightning and thunder but not a drop fell. God's just teasing us now, lol. XOX

Pauline C said...

Very pretty and elegant card FIth … the embossing round the edges is really pretty and the heart arrangement is really gorgeous. I’m sure your friend will be delighted with it
Pauline xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Such an elegant card Faith - love the white on white, that is stunning and complements the texture of the embossing beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

KraftyKoolKat said...

So very pretty and regal Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

HilaryJane said...

60 years, that's very special and what a special card this is. Great use of that heart die. Love the embossing and white on white too xx

Lisa said...

Wow, happy anniversary to your work friend. Love the emboss folder, love the white on white. Really gorgeous card.

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty and elegant card, Faith - perfect for the occasion which is definitely worth a celebration!!! I particularly love the embossed frame.
Hope you are well.
Hugs
Carol x

Liz said...

Stunning card for a milestone anniversary, Faith. I love the design. xx

Darnell said...

WOW, 60 years! I'm not that far behind and know how quickly those years fly by! Congratulations to them ~ they will treasure this beautiful anniversary card, Faith! I love all the pretty details! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! I haven't even realized that it's been ten years! That calls for a prize before the end of the year, doncha think?!! Hmmm, must think about this ... Hugs, Darnell

baileyrosy.com said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, a perfect card nfor such a special occasion. Beautifully romantic and the touch of gold really makes it extra special I'm sure your friend will adore this beauty.

Marie

pinky said...

Sods law, warm heat works, cold and wet heat stops!! Hope you get sorted soon. Loving your gorgeous card. That is a beautiful embossing folder.

Rosemary said...

beautiful anniversary card, faith! i bet the happy couple absolutely loved it.

Linby said...

3 years - quite new then lol! It's a beautiful and elegant card.

Brenda said...

Yep, our heat broke here too...now we are having nice fall temps. I hate to say goodbye to summer though. Your anniversary card is stunning Faith! I love that heart die! It's just beautiful and I love how you placed the 60 in it. The embossing is perfect with this heart. Just a stunning card! Hugs, Brenda