22 September 2023

A different Thank You

 Hi Everyone, something you wouldn't normally think about today, but my "quirky" sense of humour made me do it. 

The family decided to spruce up my Grandparents and Mother's grave, it was so black, it was impossible to read the headstone. It was done last week and was like new, we were all so thrilled with it. Anyhow, I decided to give a little thank you to everyone at the stonemason's, as I didn't know how many worked there, I decided to do 6. I thought maybe it would be about that. I know that Funeral Directors and Stonemasons have a good sense of humour, because I knew one a few years ago, and she told me a few things, but that's beside the point.

My idea was, these, I hope it doesn't offend anyone here, but they had a good laugh when I gave them, I hope you can have a chuckle too. I used a paper pad and cut them with my Silhouette. I cut a strip of card and stamped the sentiment, but I had cut it too close to the edge, before I die cut the label, I don't think they noticed as they were laughing a lot. As you can see they are coffins, well it's nearly Halloween and I don't do anything Halloween because we have no callers. A bite size Twix was placed inside, for their coffee break. It's the thought that counts?

paper - The Range
coffin template - Birds Cards
stamp - Uniko
ink - Whispers Pigment Ink
label die - magazine freebie
twine - stash


24 comments:

Liz said...

What a fun way to say thank you to the stonemasons. A lovely idea. xx

Janette said...

I should think doing the job they do, you need a sense of humour Faith, it can't be easy can it. I love the little coffin shapes for a chocolate treat. So thoughtful of you. xx

crafty-stamper said...

These are a brilliant thank you -love the little coffins.I was once asked for a birthday card for someone who woked at a Funeral Directors and they asked for pics of the funeral home and coffin lol
Carol x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, these are brilliant and a fantastic way to thank them for helping clean up the headstones. A really fun way to pay appreciation.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have never thought to give something as this to the stonemasons as thank you, brilliant idea.
Have a lovely weekend

jimlynn said...

These are darling and what a wonderful way to show them how much their work meant to you - and have a whole lot of fun at the same time! CUTE and fun!
Lynn

HilaryJane said...

That's a lovely idea and it is the quirky shape that makes it such a good gift. I can see why they were pleased xx

creationsnz said...

haha I bet that made their day Faith. Anything that makes people smile is a winner. CarolG

Carol L said...

I think this is a brilliant idea and you pulled it off perfectly! I love the coffins!

Vicky Hayes said...

You are lovely Faith! What a perfect way to say thank you to the stonemasons! Vicky x

Christine said...

Excellent.... Bet they don't get many thank yous.

cuilliesocks said...

I'm sure the humour was appreciated Faith, great little gift boxes, Kate xx

Shirley Young said...

What a lovely way to show your appreciation of their work Faith, I think they are brilliant and were sure to raise a smile xx

brenda said...

What a brilliant idea Faith, we must have similar senses on humour and I can well imagine the giggles at the recipients end.

B x

Brenda said...

I think this was the perfect way to say thank you Faith!! I'm sure they did get a kick out of these and appreciated them as well. As I'm sure this is job that doesn't get a lot of thanks. It is funny too and I think they look fabulous! I have watched some people on Tik Tok who go around cleaning up old graves that are black and had all kinds of crap on them. It is interesting to watch them come back to new looking again! Hugs, Brenda

kiwimeskreations said...

Love it Faith - funeral directors and stonemasons so often 'survive' by developing a 'black' sense of humour - and so did we when DH was dying...
Fabulous 'coffins', and a great idea!!
Blessings
Maxine

KraftyKoolKat said...

Brilliant crafting Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sue said...

What a great way to say thank you Faith! huggles Sue x

Linby said...

A bit like ambulance crews, I think the humour keeps them going. These are wonderful and a great unusual thank you which I am sure they appreciated.

Chrissy said...

Ha ha ha, fantastic idea Faith, and they came out perfectly, love them.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rosemary said...

your little thank you coffins are absolutely fabulous and definitely perfect for those involved in the cleanup of the headstones.

Sarn said...

They’re great thank you gifts for the stonemasons and undertakers xxx

Sue - said...

What great gifts for them!

Leslie said...

I think it's a great idea! They are adorable!