02 September 2023

Trees/Leaves WLSC

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping 
the theme this month being "Anything stamped, option, Trees/Leaves"

 

I have quite a few leaf/leaves stamps, so decided to use a couple of them today in different  ways.

I cased a card from a magazine that I have a subscription for. The leaves were stencilled in different colours, Distress Oxide base with fossilised amber, adding shading of lucky clover and peeled paint, then I heat embossed the leaves. Next, I shaded the background with dusty concord. I layered it onto a similar shade card and shaded it with dusty concord. 

The leaf stamp was then stamped, with lime green, with a very old Whisper pigment ink, onto white card. I then added a purple shade of the same ink for the stamped sentiment and die cut with a Tonic die. This was layered onto the same purple card, again shaded with dusty concord.

A few spare leaf dies also coloured with shading of the leaves and added onto the corner. Now I look at it, I wonder why I did it? Oh! Well, too late now!

stamps - Chloes, Simply cards & Papercraft #217 
stencil - from the same magazine
inks - Distress Oxide 
Whisper pigment Ink
dies - Tonic

The theme of your entry can be any of your choosing and we would love to see "Anything stamped, option, Trees/Leaves", but most important is that the focal element is hand stamped as our preference (or digital). A small added sentiment or other element to an otherwise non stamped card will be ineligible and may be deleted.

 Another fabulous prize this month from AALL and Create
 A4 stamp set Plant your Dreams

29 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful card Faith and I like the little spray in the corner. xx

Carol L said...

That leaf panel is just gorgeous in how you added all those pretty colors! What a beautiful birthday card!

Sarn said...

A lovely leafy card Faith. xxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

It's a lovely fall card and everyone knows falling leaves do not behave! {winkwink}. Hope you are having a nice weekend and your weather is good. xoxo

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, Faith. Just right for the time of the year.

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful card Faith. Love the colours and those leaves. I had a bit of a panic when I saw your card as you are a tad early, but who cares. I am ahead with my commenting now xx

jimlynn said...

This is so pretty Faith. I love the way you did the side panel of leaves with all the oxide inks too. Beautiful! Love your card.
Lynn

Brenda said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous Faith! I am loving the stenciling, shading and stamping! The color combo is beautiful, I'd never thought to use a lilac/purple color with greens, but it is really pretty! Love this one! Hugs, Brenda

Vicky Hayes said...

These are beautiful and unusual colours for an autumn leafy card and I love the look! Vicky x

Liz said...

Fabulous card Faith, great design and a lovely colour combination. xx

Rosemary said...

Beautiful fall like card, Faith. Love the stenciled panel paired up with the stamped leafy branch!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card Faith, the stencilled leaves matches so well the stamped on the topper, and the little spray is so cute!

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous creation Faith, yes my heart did a leap and I had to look at the date. It has been a confusing and sad year for me.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Faith, such lovely colours and design, Kate x

pinky said...

This is really beautiful Faith and so striking in your chosen colours!

Shirley Young said...

Beautiful Faith, I love the colours you used xx

Pat K said...

Lovely autumn card Faith and I think the "spare leaves" add another point of interest. xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Beautiful card .I like the autumn coloured extra leaves , nice touch .

creationsnz said...

I like it with those goegeous stencilled leaves alone! Beautifully done Faith. CarolG

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the stenciled leaves on the left. Very creative!

Kathy D. said...

What a neat way to do the leaves. Very pretty. Love it with the purple. I agree the added ones were not needed but doesn't look bad.
Hope you are having a good week.
Kathy D.

Linby said...

Your leaf border looks amazing, the colours are so pretty. It's the perfect background for your CAS image.

Mervi said...

Lovely and beautiful card!
Greetings from Finnish Lappland;-))m

baileyrosy.com said...

A beautiful card Faith I love all of the leafy gorgeousness on this card and looks fantastic to me.

Marie

Lisa said...

I really love the colors on the leaf panel. Super layout and the addition of the corner leaves works well.

Leslie said...

Just beautiful! Loving all the techniques you used to master the layout!

Pauline C said...

Fab stamping Faith and I really love your stencilled and embossed panel, it’s beautiful
Pauline xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

If it wasn't for the current heatwave we would all be looking out of our windows at the start of autumn and those falling leaves, just a reminder of what we are missing for a few days or weeks.

Love all of your embossing and stencilling.

Dionne x