18 September 2023

Tree/Leaves midmonth WLSC

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping 
the theme this month being "Anything stamped, option, Trees/Leaves"


 I saw a tree card a while ago and saved it, as I thought it gorgeous, and would give me practice at shading. 

I started off choosing what colours to use for the circles, after viewing a few mixes of DO's on the web, I decided on this Autumnal scheme. A circle was die cut out of card, and I used it to blend the colours onto the card. 

Next, I stamped the trees and the sentiment in gold ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  

Then I added the stamped layer to a piece of gold card and layered them onto the main card. 
 
Quite simple, but I'm pretty happy with myself at shading the colours. The trees stand out more in real life.

stamp - trees, Magazine freebies 
sentiment - John Next Door
inks - Distress Oxide, squeezed lemonade,spiced marmalade,wilted violet
circle die - Tonic
gold card - stash
 
showing shine of embossing

A fabulous prize for the Winner, it's from
 AALL and Create, A4 stamp set Plant your Dreams

The theme of your entry can be any of your choosing and we would love to see "Anything stamped, option, Trees/Leaves", but most important is that the focal element is hand stamped as our preference (or digital). A small added sentiment or other element to an otherwise non stamped card will be ineligible and may be deleted.

26 comments:

Mervi said...

Fabulous autumn time card, love the colours;-))m

brenda said...

Love the composition of this one Faith, the inked circles as a backdrop to the gold embossed trees and sentiment works beautifully.

B x

Janette said...

I love this Faith, its so beautifully designed and the gold against those lovely colours stands out. xx

Carol L said...

This is gorgeous! Those colorful circles look beautiful with those golden trees and sentiment. Gold embossing always adds an elegant touch to any card in my opinion and this is a great example of elegance.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgeous card! It's very effective with those circles and their vibrant colours behind the golden trees!

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful creation Faith love how you have done those different coloured circles and embossed the trees, excellent card
hugs
lolo x

Linby said...

A beautiful autumnal card with the circles of colour and the trees in gold makes for a really seasonal look.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such awesome work Faith, love the colours and your layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Hetty said...

This is a stunning card, Faith. I love the colors of the background and those golden trees.

Christine said...

A really beautiful card.... So different yet stunning autumn colours
Thanks for sharing the inspiration

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Faith, such wonderful Autumnal colours and a fantastic design, Kate x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice job going from light to dark on your inked circles and those embossed trees are divine! xoxo

Brenda said...

Wow, I am loving this card Faith! The colored circles are just beautiful, those gold trees look so fabulous on the circle colors...love the gold! Wow, wow, wow! Love it!!! Hugs, Brenda

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beauty Faith! I love the colours you used on your ink blended circles and they make a dramatic background for your gold embossed design. Vicky x

Kathy D. said...

I will need to look at that technique because this turned out so good. I like the autumn feel to the card.
Kathy D.

jimlynn said...

Faith, this is so different and simply stunning! WOW!!! I love the circle colors you selected and also that wonderful gold for the trees. Gorgeous card!!!
Lynn

Sue said...

Hi Faith and thanks for all your well wishes for us both it means a lot. Just having some time to myself while 'the family' visits so thought I would get some commenting done. Such a gorgeous card it's so pretty huggles Sue x

kiwimeskreations said...

Faith this is stunning - love your blending, and the trees are wonderful stamps to showcase against it.
Blessings
Maxine

Rosemary said...

beautiful fall inspired card, faith! the ink blended background is gorgeous with the gold embossing.

Maria said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! Love the circles with the beautiful blending! Very pretty gold trees, too!

Lisa said...

These colors are gorgeous together and I really love the highlighting with that tree. Great gold tree too.

HilaryJane said...

Sorry I am so late visiting this one. I have been admiring it for weeks on the DT site. I love the gold with those blended colours. Just splendid xx

creationsnz said...

This has the wow factor. I always think simple is usually more impactful, that said sometimes what looks simple is more complex than at first sight - and this is one of those. CarolG

Sarn said...

WOW - this is such a lovely card Faith. Love the gold embossed trees over the colourful background xxx

Pat said...

Wow Faith, I love your three brightly inked circles as a backdrop to the beautiful gold embossed trees and sentiment,and the complementary gold mirri mat brings it all together beautifully. x

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The gold embossing really pops against those pretty colors!