01 April 2023

Tulips QKR

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for

http://qkrstampede.blogspot.com/ 

We will select two winners each of the weeks
1 using QKR Stampede or Eureka Stamps image and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month

I love tulips, and we have quite a few come up in the garden. I also love this border of tulips, that at first I was going to make smaller and make a border of a few of them. Then changed my mind and used some oval dies to place them into. I chose music paper to back them, as the song "Tulips from Amsterdam"by Max Bygraves, was going through my mind at the time. 

I print and cut the tulips seperately, with the Silhouette and coloured them with DI's, placing them onto the music paper and then onto the different colour green card.

As I was about to layer the ovals and tulips onto the card, I felt it a bit bare for this card. I grabbed a long time unused die and embossed a piece of card, and added the ovals and tulips, then changed my mind again and added some mirror card butterflies. I was then more pleased with it all.

tulips - Tulip border QKR Stampede
inks - Distress Inks, mowed lawn, peeled paint, 
festive berries, mustard seed, fossilized amber
oval dies - Tonic
butterflies - Tonic & Tattered Lace (I think)
die (embossed) - Tattered Lace
mirror card - Hunkdory
 
I thought I would share our tulips that have decided to flower in the dreadful rain and gales. I hope they stand up to the bad weather.
Tulips, Azalea about to open, a peep of the polyanthus,
 you can also see the heather further up the garden. 
 
more tulips and Hellebore, with a peak at the Pieris about to open
 
tulips with the new Diatzia flowering

 I hadn't realised what a great match the Skimmia and Cherry Blossom would be,
when we planted them together.
 

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous tulips on this card. Love your coloring.

jimlynn said...

Both the real flowers and the flowers on the card are beautiful! Love your card design and the added butterflies.
You garden is gorgeous!
Lynn

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Faith, lovely floral image and I love the little silver butterflies.
Love photos of your garden and the tulips, one of my favourite flowers, Kate x

Christine said...

Great card, love the butterflies
How pretty your garden looks... Thanks for sharing.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful tulips and embossed -ours not open yet ]
Carol x

Shirley Young said...

This is a lovely design Faith and your garden looks beautiful xx

Pauline C said...

Fab design Faith, love the tulips against the sheet music background. The tulips in your garden look lovely .. ours haven’t flowered yet, our garden is still full of daffodils!!
Pauline xx

Rosemary said...

Lovely card, Faith. The sweet tulips are so perfect for the design. Love seeing all the beautiful flowers in your garden, especially the tulips!

Helen F. said...

I love your card, Faith! It may have pushed you in a new style of card-making :-) I think the color scheme and that bird are simply perfect.
Your garden is amazing too!

Helen F. said...

Sorry, my comment was for two posts! The Tulips card here is so pretty, the butterflies and embossing folder are very sweet additions.

World of Michael Trent said...

OMGosh...I love tulips. I also love my two lips, but I digress. LOL. Great card.

Hetty said...

Perfect card for this time of the year. Your garden is beautiful. Looks wonderful and colorful.

Brenda said...

Here to catch up as I'm always behind! Faith, I am so loving this card! The embossed background with the butterflies go perfectly with your tulips/music background. The ovals frame out your beautiful tulips perfectly, love how you watercolored them. I really love the simplicity of this card, it is just so beautiful to me! But what is more beautiful.....is your gardens! Love all your tulips! I used to have a few, but I think the bushes got to big and smothered them out. I need me some more to plant elsewhere. Your yard looks like spring has definitely hit. Spring can bring a lot of gloom as well as beauty can't it?! Even with the gloomy day, your gardens bring a smile to my face as it is smiling with so much color! You and hubby must me the envy of everyone! I know I envy your and your gardens. Hugs, Brenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

Now I cannot get the tune 'Tulip from Amsterdam' out of my head, thank you for that! Nonetheless, this is such a pretty cards'.

The tulips in your garden a pretty special too, I just love all of the spring flowers.

Dionne x

Pat said...

What pretty tulips and love the red and yellow colour, and the music paper makes a great background and love the double scalloped oval frame and the embossed lattice die in the background, and the gold mirri butterfliesn are so sweet and pretty too. What a beautiful garden you have, and I can see by its well kept appearance and attention to detail that you just love it! I have a skimmia in a pot on the patio but it is nowhere near as lovely as that one, and the cherry blossom is gorgeous. I think tulips are the essence of Spring. x

Leslie said...

What a great card, Faith! I love tulips, and your flower photos are gorgeous!