07 April 2023

RAINY WEATHER CHC

 

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for,
 
  The theme for this month is "Rainy Weather"

Would you believe I had trouble coming up with a card for a rainy day? I just couldn't decide, out of all the things I have on the subject of rain. Anyhow, after a few trials went into the bin, I put this together and although it's nothing much, it makes me smile.

I have had the images for years. The Raining image and the watering can were taken into Silhouette to print and cut 4 times. After a lot of faffing about with 2 other images and these, I decided to use just the 2 with a sentiment, which is computer generated. I guess I had it from the web a long while ago. The images were already coloured, I just added a light grey border for shadow on the watering can. 

I placed the layered can and raining girl, onto a dark grey card, well it is a rainy day, and drew, with the glue pen some rain, then heat embossed with the embossing powder. The sentiment was printed and die cut. It just needed a die cut tiny butterfly too. Very simple, but as I said, but it makes me smile.

image - I can't read the designer, but it was from Hugware, (long time gone.)
watering can - Garden showers - Lettering Delights
butterfly - Tattered Lace
glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze 
Quickie glue pen
embossing powder - WOW Clear Sparkle

 a closeup of the "rain"
 
Hope to see you at the Anything Goes Challenge, it's on for the rest of the month.

23 comments:

brenda said...

A well titles post Faith, but no rain today here, an overnight frost and looks like there will be some sunshine. An ingenious card to reflect the theme.

B x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh this is sooo sweet
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Here we should do the rain dance to have a bit of water! LOL No rain for all the winter, sadly!
Love the sparkling embossed water that comes out from the watering can and that cute smiling bunny!

Carol L said...

Everything needs a little rain to grow and this is too cute! Love the sparkly water you created.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute card and images- we have had two days of rain but we have sun today
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Delightfully creative card! It's fun afterwards to see how resourceful you were, but anxious til then, eh? What we do for a challenge, lol. It's raining cats and dogs here currently, Faithie. But it's 17C daytime so I'll take it and be happy. A cool front stalled over us, what dumb luck! And clearing on Sunday. Hope you have an eggstra special Easter! XOX

Rosemary said...

So very sweet, Faith! That little bunny is definitely enjoying the rain. Have a wonderfuf Easter with your family.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a great CAS creation Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Hetty said...

Such a fun card. Love that watering can. You came up with a delightful idea for the rainy theme.

HilaryJane said...

It definitely does make you smile. I love it. Great sentiment too. I am glad it came together for you in the end xx

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute card and I'm loving the "rain"! Precious.
Lynn

Shirley Young said...

Well it certainly made me smile Faith and another great sentiment too. A lovely card xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is the cutest! Great sentiment and your rain is terrific!

Maria said...

What a fun sweet card! Adorable image and love how you did the rain drops! Perfect sentiment, too!

Brenda said...

This card makes me smile too Faith! I love the cute little girl/bunny (?), how adorable in her rain coat and wellies! She looks like she had no problem walking in the rain. I really love how your did the watering can with this challenge, the water coming out is genius! Yep, this card makes me smile from ear to ear! Hugs, Brenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

What a great sentiment, it really makes you think about things, and your image looks a perfect match. It really makes me smile!

Yet another fabulous card Faith.

Dionne x

Linby said...

So cute and a great take on the theme.

Janette said...

What a lovely image, this is so sweet and would make anyones day I should think.xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Nothing but rain and miserableness here in Greece I need to take a leaf out of your cute card,I love your rain and its definitely worth smiling about.

Marie

Chrissy said...

So very cute Faith and so very true, I love to walk in the rain for sure..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful and the sentiment is so true! Love the way you did the rain. Vicky x

Leslie said...

Such a cute card! Love that image and how you've done the water coming out of the can!

Greta said...

Oh too cute & I love the sparkly rain! So sweet of you to leave me all those comments, Faith! Obviously, I'm farther behind than you were. Please don't feel obligated. I'm spending much less time on the computer these days, but am enjoying browsing your blog tonight.