02 April 2023

Real Bird WLSC

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping 
the theme this month being "Anything Stamped with Birds or Animals". 

My card today is a bird, I have been frightened of this stamp since I had it. It has so many small parts that I didn't think I could do it. I'm not the best stamper, that is why I joined the DT, so that Brenda, could stretch me, and I can tell you I was stretched with this card. 

The stamp set, as I said, has tiny stamps, and each of them represents the coloured parts of the bird, a Blue Tit. I cut a square of water colour card, as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, design wise.

I stamped the branch, using 2 colours of ink on the stamp, not done before, then added a watercolour pencil for shadows. The feet were stamped, near enough to the branch, it was just of landing! Don't say it hasn't got its wings out! :)  The outline of the bird was then stamped, and fit the different stamps in the right colour, inside. I am so chuffed I managed to do it practically all inside, and in the right place. Well apart from a slight correction in one part, but I'm not letting you know where! 

As I hadn't planned anything, (I didn't think I could do it). I had to think what to do for the background, and decided to do more stamping, simpler this time, stamping a part of a tree in the 3 corners. It needed something else, and I noticed that there was a tiny flower stamp in the set, so I stamped a little flower amongst the leaves and added a darker centre, again with watercolour pencil.

Thinking CAS, was not an option for me with this bird, so off I went and found some digital paper that matched the colours and even the stamped flower, so lucky, I used in the stamping. I added them to my Silhouette and made a square frame to fit the bird square and the background, then print and cut them out. I also cut 2 layers of white card to the printed square dp to raise it up off the bird. A sentiment was stamped and die cut, then coloured to match, and placed onto the dp square. Whew! it was finished, and I'm pleased with the result, as simple as it looks. Perhaps I won't be as frightened next time?

bird stamps - Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine #165
tree stamp - Chocolate Baroque 
sentiment stamp & die - Julie Hickey
digital paper - Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine #215
inks - Whisper pigment inks (very old)
inks - Distress Inks, vintage photo 
watercolour pencils - Nuvo Vibrant
 
These are the lovely prizes you could win for your entry
 

3 prizes, AALL and Create Elegant Peacock, Serengeti stamps and Starry Night stencil


















24 comments:

brenda said...

I'm sorry I am stretching you Faith, but also pleased if I have seeing what you created for today. It's really beautifully done, I always think an aperture sets off an image and you have selected perfect soft colours and designs to showcase the Birdie.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A super sweet and cute card faith!! Love it really so much and find it very elegant, too!
I have the same stamps set from the magazine and love it so much. I usually layer the bird parts, but now I have seen your way and think I will try.
Happy Sunday!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Faithie, this is such a delicate lovely card and beautidully stamped! I'm so proud of you for facing your fears! We all struggle, I know I do. Very human, but the stretch feels good, lol. So you enjoy your stretch, you earned it! Hugs, xoxo

Mervi said...

Fabulous and beautiful bird card;-))m

Carol L said...

This turned out so sweet and absolutely beautiful too! Love that little bird with the great framework, and all those fiddly little stamps made one fabulous scene! NJ!

jimlynn said...

I think your stamping is just great and this is such a cute and pretty card. Sweet all over! Love the way you did the branch and the tiny flowers and it's framed to perfection. Love it.
Lynn

KraftyKoolKat said...

You could fooled me Faith, this is stamped so well, love it, awesome work.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Pauline C said...

Love this birdie Faith, it has all come together perfectly with your pretty background DP and die cut aperture
Pauline xx

Rosemary said...

That little bird is so sweet and I love how you have put him together with the background papers, Faith!

cuilliesocks said...

It's a lovely card Faith, such a sweet little bird, beautifully created, Kate x

Christine said...

Well worth all the hard work. Beautiful card

Shirley Young said...

What a fantastic job you have done Faith, I don’t think you need worry about your stamping as this looks perfect. Such a pretty design xx

Janette said...

Well Faith I think you did a fabulous stamping job. This is a beautiful card, such a pretty image in gorgeous colours.
Please note if I go missing its because this darned pc has finally given up the ghost, oh the troubles I am having...x

Sue said...

Stunning card Faith and thanks for all your best wishes huggles Sue x

Linby said...

Well you are so much better than you think you are because this looks perfect. What a sweet stamp - never seen it before but it's lovely.

HilaryJane said...

Your bird is beautiful, I do hope you won't be frightened next time and we see this little cutie again soon. Well done for facing up to it and getting it done. I find layering stamps a challenge too. I have a few, but rarely use them. Perhaps your success will encourage me to have a go. Love the finished card xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Faith, such a sweet image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janette said...

Sorry Faith I really thought I had commented on this, but then again my pc has been giving me soooo much trouble I am so behind... I love this pretty card and the bird is beautiful.xx

World of Michael Trent said...

Hmmm, for someone that does not stamp well, you made an amazing card! Love it!

Hetty said...

Such a tweet card. Lovely coloring.

Brenda said...

Boy for being scared of this stamp set, you sure did a fabulous job with it Faith!!! I'm super impressed with the scene you created! The bare tree branches in the background are perfect, love the branch with the flowers that your bird has landed on, as we all know the flowering trees come way before all the leaf trees. The digi paper you chose is the perfect compliment to your gorgeous bird scene. And speaking of bird....what the heck where you so scared about because you totally nail it! Your bird looks fabulous and I love the colors of him. Heck I am loving this bird stamp! Glad you were taken out of your comfort zone on this one because you did great Faith! This is such a beautiful, soft and spring filled card. Nicely done my sweet friend! Hugs, Brenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

Drum role please, I think you have cracked this stamp my dear. It all goes together perfectly, great card.

Dionne x

Sarn said...

Such a lovely Springtime card Faith. xxx

Leslie said...

Such a beautiful card! One would never guess that you worked outside your comfort zone. The funny thing is - we all do from time to time. You've done a fabulous job with this!