01 April 2023

Horse & Hat CCC

 Hi Everyone, I have 3 DT cards today, I hope you will be able to visit each of them, this is for -

Critter Crazy

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter...

My Niece who has a beautiful white Spanish horse and is horse mad, was 60 a month ago, and I have always or for many years anyway, made her a card with a horse. 

I purchased the fabulous image and then didn't know what I was going to do with it. I thought of a fancy die border, that I have, but it wasn't big enough, so off to Silhouette, and I cut 2 fancy scalloped borders, 3 layers of the horse and 3 layers of the 60. I inked gold over the digitally die cut border, but wasn't keen, so I tried the white over it, better, but it needed a pale blue background to give some depth, I thought. So I used a watercolour pencil to mostly cover the centre, then used water to spread it out. They were then attached just off centre to show the gold ink.

The image was coloured with watercolour pencils and I cut one of the layers to add 3D pads to raise the balloons more. The 60 was added after colouring with gold ink, but just one layer. I then thought it needed more, so took a fine brush and inked around the card, adding gold inked horseshoes I cut out. Yep! a bit wavy, but I don't mind that. It's got a lovely shine to it. You may think I didn't colour the horse, I did, but tried to make it a white one, wasn't that successful though.

image - Hetty Clair, Tea Party Pony
watercolour pencils - Nuvo Vibrant Watercolour pencils
scalloped border frame - Shirley's Templates 
horseshoes - freebie image made into cut file

 
I hope to see you at the challenge

18 comments:

brenda said...

That's fun Faith, sure your Neice will appreciate the humour and if her Grey is anything like our boys they really do grin and smile, one of ours has a great ability to show his teeth in a friendly funny way.

B x

lee said...

Hiya.WOW.I love this so cheeky and fun.Hope you well.xx

Carol L said...

What a fun image that makes a perfect card for your niece! I love horses too and would love to see a picture of her white Spanish horse!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this image is a hoot! What a fun card to send to any friend turning 60.

jimlynn said...

Faith, this is wow! SO fun and yet so pretty at the same time. Great design for that cute horse and I love the horseshoes in the corners!
Lynn

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is fabulous - what a great 60th birthday card! So fun!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun and fabulous personalized card, your niece will be delighted!

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card for your niece Faith, the horse image is just brilliant, a super design too, she will love it, Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and love the brilliant party horse and added horse shoes
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hope all is better in your world, Faithie! Hetty's horse is quite delightful on your pretty card and your tulips as well on that card and in your gorgeous garden, too! Also the fab train card. I have missed several of your posts in my inbox lately and not just yours. Don't know what is going on with Follow.it. Anyway, I came and had a catch-up. I only saw 2 DT cards for April 1st, though, not 3???
At any rate, good weekend wishes to you, XOX

Shirley Young said...

What a brilliant , fun image Faith, I don’t know how you manage to find them. I bet your niece really loved it xx

Pauline C said...

Great fun card Faith, and so well thought out for your niece, she will surely love it!
Pauline xx

Rosemary said...

What a fun card for your niece, Faith. I bet she absolutely loved it! (I always love seeing how you incorporate something a family member is passionate about into their card.)

Hetty said...

Oh my, such a fun card for horse lovers!!

Brenda said...

Wow Faith, you knocked this one out the ball park! I do love the way you did your fancy oval, offsetting the gold and pale blue was just what it needed. The horse, are you kidding me?!! You totally were successful at making this horse look white! It's amazing!!! Teach me! LOL I love it, love how cute this horse is in his hat with his balloons. Nice job on all the watercoloring. I also love the gold border you hand drew, it looks amazing as well. The balloons were totally perfect for your niece's age to sit on. I love this card and I'm sure your niece will too! Hugs, Brenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

At first glace, I honestly thought this frame was die cut, it really is realistic. The image of the horse is a great one, I love the tilt of the hat. I bet your niece was thrilled with your card.

Dionne x

Heather said...

Oooo . . . I'm sure your niece will love it! Great image and that frame is perfect for showing it off!

Leslie said...

Love, love, love this! Such a great image and I'm sure your niece loved it! I thought I commented on this one already using my phone while our interest was out but it must not have gone through. Now that we're back online, I'm playing catch-up!