18 April 2023

WLSC Real Bird mid month

 

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping 
the theme this month being "Anything Stamped with Birds or Animals". 

Please share our challenge logo 

My card today is another real bird, I've had this stamp for ages, but couldn't think what to do with it. I was rummaging in one of my ribbon drawers and came across this unused ribbon. I found Oxide inks to match, then laughed that they were "peacock colours". Then spread the ink, hoping to make lines or something. It didn't quite work, but I liked the colours, so out with my feather stencil, that I cut myself with the Cameo and stencilled the background with Distress inks to make a subtle background. 

I stamped the Peacock and embossed with white ink. I also inked, stamped and embossed in white again, a feather and sentiment from the same set. The feathers were attached to the tail, and I cut the sentiment on a diagonal and also added it onto the tail.

The ribbon was attached to the card, after cutting the wire from it and fraying the edge. The peacock layer with 3D pads was laid on top. A few clear sequins added, and the card was done. 

Peacock, feather & Sentiment - Magazine freebies
stencil - Tanya Batrak Silhouette Studio # 62274
inks - Distress Oxide, lucky clover, peacock feathers
 Distress Ink, peacock feathers
ribbon - stash
Brilliance ink - Moonlight White
embossing powder - Papermania

25 comments:

Pauline C said...

Very stylish card Faith, fab background and great use of the stamp.
Pauline xx

Linby said...

So pretty and lovely colours and stencilling.
Congrats on your Uniko win!

brenda said...

He's an elegant fellow Faith and great idea using white EP as he really pops against the inky peacock coloured background.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your card is simply unique as the sentiment says! :) Fabulous, it looks so elegant and impressive with the white lines and the turquoise!
Big Congrats for your win at Uniko! :)

Janette said...

I think this is quite beautiful Faith.xx

Sue said...

Beautiful card Faith hugs x

Leslie said...

Beautiful peacock! Love the colors on this!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome card,love the colour,ribbon,embossed peacock andthe sentiment is perfect
Carol x

Carol L said...

Looks like all the ingredients to make this card just fell right into place at the perfect time! This is so pretty, and I love the peacock feathers!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really beautiful Faith, really rich colours and I love the layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

HilaryJane said...

Fabulous love the colour with the white heat embossing and how you have placed the sentiment. Your card has come together perfectly and the ribbon detail was such a good idea. Love it xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful, Faithie. Love the white embossing, frayed ribbon and background too. XOX

Maria said...

What a gorgeous peacock in lovely color, so pretty!!

Dee's Craft Room said...

He's a beauty Faith, a real stunner.

Dionne x

Shirley Young said...

Another brilliant design Faith, love the colour theme xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A beautiful card fab colour choice. I really like the frayed ribbon, great touch to your card Michelle x

Chrissy said...

Just beautiful Faith, the background stenciling and white embossing on that beautiful bird is gorgeous, and I love the added detail of the feather..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Great image and super stunning colors on this card.

jimlynn said...

Not sure how I missed seeing this card but I'm glad I'm seeing it now. Love that image embossed in the white. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving this monochrome beauty Faith! The way you have layered the peacock tail over the sentiment banner is a really effective touch. Vicky x

Hetty said...

Just beautiful!

Brenda said...

Oh Faith, what a fabulous card! I love these colors, love the peacock and your stenciled background. What can I say, the sentiment says it all!!! This card is simply unique and fabulous. Hugs, Brenda

baileyrosy.com said...

Oh my, what a beauty.!The colour is amazing ! I just adore this card the addition of the popped up feathers really gives this beauty lots of lovely dimension and the stamping and embossing in white is stunning.

Marie

Greta said...

So pretty & love the ribbon!