18 March 2023

Spring is in the air WLSC mid month

 

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping 

the theme this month being "Anything Stamped with Spring Is In The Air". 

Please share our challenge logo 
 
My card today is snowdrops! I love snowdrops, I believe they are supposed to be the first sign of Spring, so I thought why not.  Having a lovely set of them, what do I do? I stamped the snowdrops and embossed them and the sentiment and die cut them, deciding also, to die cut a piece of matching pearlised card. Not satisfied with what I thought of, I went searching through a few sketches I like, to find this sketch. It helped with my design, although not followed faithfully.

I'm trying to do CAS, but finding it difficult. I was going to have just the centre, but I just HAD to add more. So I stamped some more snowdrop heads, embossed and coloured and then added them to each side of the centre.  I hope it's OK with you? It looks good in real life with the shine of the embossing. I just hope the recipient likes it.

stamps and snowdrop dies - Clearly Besotted mag freebie
sentiment stamp - Violet Studio
inks - Distress Oxide hickory smoke, peeled paint
clear embossing powder - Papermania
cross stitch circle die - lost packaging sorry.

24 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Faith I think this is perfectly CAS in design, its a really pretty card I would be thrilled with it.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous delicate design with your snowdrops!! Here in my zone they there aren't, it's always too hot :)
Hugs

brenda said...

Really like the design layout on this one Faith, like you very keen on Snowdrops and your card has such a fresh feel to it.

B x

Pauline C said...

This is extremely pretty Faith, and I think you’ve struck the perfect balance between CAS and not-too-much 😀. I absolutely love snowdrops too, my heart always soars when I see the first ones in the garden.
Pauline xx

Lisa said...

Great use of the sketch and super CAS design too.

Carol L said...

I never heard of snowdrops before - I guess they don't grow where I live, but what a pretty card for spring!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hello, Faithie! Hope you are staying warm. It's a lovely CAS card! I love snowdrops too, but rarely get to see them in person, just photos. Arfur is being a real pest as we are having a bone-chilling cold front, but I'm able to create so it could be worse! XOX

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and I love the design you used for those pretty flowers. Awesome card!
Lynn

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Faith, I love the layout and the lovely snowdrop images, lovely colours too, Kate x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and delicate spring card;-))m

HilaryJane said...

It is perfectly fine with me, love those snowdrops and the green xx

Linby said...

I love snowdrops too. This is a pretty delicate design.

Christine said...

Very pretty. I love snowdrops.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card,great CAS design and love the beautiful delicate snowdrops-we have quite a lot in the garden and our mini daffs and muscari are flowering so it must be Spring as it was quite mild today too so fingers crossed.
Carol x

Shirley Young said...

Snowdrops are one of my favourites and I love the simplicity of your design Faith, it is so pretty xx

Brenda said...

Love your card Faith! I too, love snowdrops, they are just so dainty and tiny and you wonder how in the heck they survive the cold, but they do. Love your take on the sketch, even though you added some extra snowdrop heads, you can still see the sketch in your card so I am thinking you are all good! My neighbor has snowdrops and I love seeing them blooming in the dead of winter when everything else is brown and bare. Hello Spring!! Hugs, Brenda

Hetty said...

So beautiful, Faith and good use of the sketch.

KraftyKoolKat said...

A very delicate pretty creation Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pat K said...

Beautiful cas spring card Faith. I love snowdrops as well. xx

Maria said...

Oh, how lovely, Faith! Such pretty snowdrops and wonderful design! A fab spring card, love it!

Rosemary said...

Your card is so pretty, Faith. Love the snowdrops and the clean and simple design of your card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful....can't wait to see my garden come alive!
x Karen

Leslie Turner said...

Such a pretty card with the snow drops! Still no internet (today is day 11) so I’m behind visiting blogs. Using my phone rather than the laptop is challenging! :)

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oh, this is so sweet, great layout (and, by the way, I love your dies). Snowdrops are always adorable but the are extra special on this card. I am sure the recipient is going to adore it.

Dionne x