07 March 2023

Herby birthday CHC

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for,

 
  The theme for this month is "Green"
 
 I love the colour green, and I could have done so many designs for this colour, but I knew I had a beautiful pad of double sided green patterned card, that I just had to use. I found a die I haven't used, and cut one edge of the lighter card, to layer over the darker layer. Both were then die cut with the rectangle die. 
 
I cut a piece of white card from a previous die cut not used, stamped the pot, then using a herb stamp, a NBFU (never before used) item, I stamped it above the pot. I coloured it, maybe I could have done better, in DI's. The 3 layers of happy birthday die cut, were cut from another piece of the card pad, and all layered and added to the card. Quite a few new or unused items used here on this card, quite proud of myself hahaha.
 
paper pad - Floral, Craft Sensations
all dies - Card Making Magic mag free & bought.
inks - Distress Inks - mowed lawn, bundled sage, spiced marmalade
The Challenge is all month, I hope to see you there.

18 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful, love so much that edge border and the paper you used. Lovely image too!

brenda said...

So pretty in the tone on tone greens Faith, the card would fit so many occasions as well.

B x

Janette said...

Beautiful card Faith, the DP is stunning isn't it.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and papers Faith,love the curved boder
Carol x

Carol L said...

Those two patterns work so nicely together separated by that great die-cut stem!

jimlynn said...

It always feels good to use up unused items and you did a great job with this. It all goes together just perfect and is so pretty!
Lynn

Hetty said...

What a great card and I do love the cutted edge on the paper.
This is a wonderful green card.

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Faith, love the calm green shades and pretty image.
Pauline xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

I know how you feel, Faithie, I too love to use NBUS. In fact, I've been challenging myself to use at least one on every project for the last several weeks. It's fun. Your card is so refreshing looking and soothes me to look at it. Been having some difficult pain days and waiting them out, so I appreciate the good vibes I got here today and whenever I come to visit. XOX

Viv said...

Such a magical card you made Faith! thanks for sharing, sorry I am so late leaving comments also ;) Viv xx

Rosemary said...

I love the way you have combined the patterned papers with the stamped image to create this lovely card, Faith.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is an all round winner Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

HilaryJane said...

Well done for using your unused items. Love that paper and the edge die xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a pretty make! Love the leafy edge on the gorgeous designer paper.

Leslie said...

Green is my favorite color and this is so pretty, Faith!

Dee's Craft Room said...

I am not a great lover of green but, I have to say, that this card looks amazing. Great job.

Dionne x

Brenda said...

I love green too Faith, but also love so many other colors as well. LOL I guess I just love color. This card is fabulous! I love how you used the two different patter papers on this card. Great way to use pattern paper! Love the sweet pot of greenery in the center. A great, fun birthday card! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

This is such a cool birthday card Faith! I love how you used the two different pattern papers on this card. A great way to use those pattern papers. Your potted greenery is perfect in the center of this birthday card. Love it! Hugs, Brenda