18 February 2023

Lighthouse WLSC

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping 

the theme this month being "Anything Stamped with Stencil Option". 

Please share our challenge logo
 
Looking through my stamps, I decided on this lovely Lighthouse. I stamped it onto a die cut piece of card I had left over from something else, then embossed with clear powder. I masked the lighthouse and inked the background, using a stencil to enhance the clouds. The birds were stamped onto the sky, then the lighthouse was painted with DI's. Using another part of the stencil, I inked the sea in 3 different colours. Before attaching to the main card, I matched up the wave stencil again and inked through the stencil onto the card. The lighthouse was added onto the stencilled waves and card. 
 
Not planning anything on the end result, I had to choose a sentiment. Looking at the lighthouse, I decided it was a rough day, so selected the sentiment to suit. I know the card will be ready for a "rough" time or event I will have to send a card for. Sorry the photo isn't up to standard, the weather was awful when I took it, so dark and miserable.
 
die - Card Making Magic 
lighthouse & birds - Magazine Freebie
stencil - Funky Fossil, clouds, waves and grass. 
inks - Distress Oxide, tumbling glass, faded jeans, hickory smoke, iced spruce
inks - Distress Ink candied apple, hickory smoke, iced spruce
embossing powder - Papermania
 


There are Super prizes from Highlight Crafts of a stamp set and die, 
and chance of a Guest spot too. 
I hope to see you there.


31 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card Faith. I love how the waves go past the panel. xx

brenda said...

A lovely peaceful scene Faith and super waves using the stencil, it would make a perfect masculine card.

B x

Lisa said...

Every time I see a light house I think of my grandma. She loved them. This is a wonderful light house image and that water is exceptional.

Janette said...

Beautiful card Faith, I have a love for lighthouses, this looks perfect and the water is lovely.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful lighthouse and love the stencilled waves continuing out of the panel!

Carol L said...

Absolutely beautiful and so comforting with those extended waters! The sentiment is perfect!

Hetty said...

Beautiful card for a sad occasion. Great use of the stencils and the stamp is beautifully colored.

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Faith .. great scene, and I particularly love the inked background and the fabulous waves
Pauline xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous. I love it. You did an awesome job!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and lighthouse(I love lighthouses)the stencilled waves and clouds look brilliant
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

Such great use of the stencil, love how it continues off the panel. amazing sky too xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful scene Faith! I love the way you've used the stencil for the sea. Vicky x

jimlynn said...

Oh so pretty! I LOVE the lighthouse and those "waves" just made it stand out even more. I was just telling my daughter the other day that before I die I'd like to see a real lighthouse. Maybe some day I will - until then I'll think of your card
Lynn

Shirley Young said...

A lovely scene Faith, would you believe we took a walk to the lighthouse here in El Cotillo yesterday it’s called El Toston. It is an active lighthouse as well as a tourist attraction xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Stamping and stenciling all very nicely done, Faithie, a very comforting card. XOX

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Faith, it is very calming. The sentiment is just right for this lovely card.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Linby said...

Such a beautiful and tranquil card.

Greta said...

Oh what a lovely card! Great stenciling!

Leslie said...

Beautiful! Those waves look amazing!

Brenda said...

Wow Faith, this card is amazing! I love how you left justified your scene, the stenciling is amazing looking and of course I am loving your coloring. The sentiment is so perfect for this scene as well. Love this card! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Well trying this again, you might get double comments! Grrrrr! I am so loving this card Faith, my first reaction was WOW! I love how you left justified the scene, the stenciling is amazing, love how you made the waves go onto the card base. The sentiment is just perfect for this scene too. I so love this card! Hugs, Brenda

Maria said...

Oh, such a lovely card with the beautiful lighthouse!! Love those waves and perfect sentiment, too!!

Nancy said...

Oh, Faith! Such a beautiful and thoughtful card! I love the lighthouse, and the stenciling is fabulous! I am way behind here but I really love your new blog header. It's beautiful! :o)

Pat K said...

Lovely card Faith. Great stamping making such a peaceful scene. xx

Helen F. said...

Such a comforting and serene card, Faith. Lovely card.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, so stylish seaside scene;-))m

Rosemary said...

wonderful design, faith. love all the stenciling!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A wonderful scenic card and the sentiment is just perfect with the bird just hovering above, I really like how you have carried the waves over the card topper too, it flows so nicely Michelle x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ooh those waves are so pretty. Something so soothing about this card

Cindy Groh said...

Wow! Superb card. There are so many steps that go into making a card but results are worth it when it comes out like this beauty.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow, what a great card. I love how you have continued the waves onto the actual card and your painting looks absolutely stunning.

Dionne x