15 February 2023

Elephant QKR

Hi Everyone, this is my DT card today for  

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month
 

I have this wonderful Elephant in my files that I think should be used again. I also used him here. 

I added the paper, the sentiment to a piece of matching colour paper and the 2 layers of elephant to the Silhouette. They were printed and cut. I then coloured the elephant with distress inks. Layered the 2 pieces together and added 3D pads. The papers were layered onto dark green card. After attaching the first layer, I decided I needed something else, and found a die I haven't used in a long time, I cut it out of the same green card as the surrounding layers. The Elephant was attached, then I decided to add a little colour to the ivy and used the watercolour pencils, without water. He is such a majestic animal. I love him.

inks - Distress Inks tea dye, hickory smoke, tattered rose,
paper -  Christina C Digital Scrapbooking/Pixelscrapper
green card - StellaWeds
Ivy die - Card Making Magic
inks - Distress Inks tea dye, hickory smoke,tattered rose,
green pencil - Nuvo Vibrant watercolour pencils
sentiment from the web

It would be lovely to see you in our ATG challenge. 

28 comments:

brenda said...

What a fab Elephant image Faith and yes he should be used again.

B x

Janette said...

Oh my Faith he is splendid isn't he, such beautiful animals, I just love your card its stunning.xx

Pauline C said...

Brilliant image and sentiment Faith, and your colouring is superb.
Pauline xx

Leslie said...

Bahahaha, great card! If I had been drinking my coffee when I saw this, it would have spewed all over my laptop screen! I literally laughed out loud! Love it!

Pat K said...

You always make me smile Faith. This is a fabulous card, great image and sentiment with a lovely design. xx

Christine said...

Ha! Ha! Another great card, love the colours

Carol L said...

ahhh, what a fun card with a punny sentiment to go along with the big elephant in the room! Too much fun :)

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous elephant and snarky sentiment -great P.paper too
Carol x

Brenda said...

What a cute, funny and very clever card Faith!! I will have to CASe this one for my brother's birthday. I love that elephant and your coloring. The plaid paper is perfect and I love the ivy going down the side. But it is the sentiment that cracks me up! Love it!!! Hugs, Brenda

Beebeebabs said...

LOL love your card and sentiment thanks for sharing!

Dr Sonia S V said...

You are right that elephant does need to be used...it is so majestic and beautiful . We are very lucky to have a lot of wild as well as domestic elephants in India. Most of the holidays we take are to jungle resorts in India and on most trips we are lucky to spot families of these gentle giants...its awe inspiring!!!
Your card is fantastic Faith
Cheers, Dr Sonia

NanaConnie said...

Faith, I adore this card! Fab coloring on the elephant and the sentiment is just too much fun. lol So glad you're part of the team. :-D

HilaryJane said...

He is indeed a wonderful elephant, thanks for sharing him. Great card xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Marvelous, card and you couldn't get a better sentiment than this one. The shading is spot on too, I do struggle with that as its not my strong point Michelle x

Aimeslee Winans said...

He's magnificent, Faithie and I LOL'd at the front sentiment -- good one! XOX

Shirley Young said...

Wonderful image and design Faith, love the sentiment too xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Faith .What an amazing combination of image and sentiment .Don't they go so well together ? The colouring is perfect too .
nice to be visiting again , Shirley-Anne .

Rosemary said...

Wonderful card, Faith. Your coloring of the elephant is spot on!

Lisa said...

What a terrific elephant image and that sentiment is fantastic too.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a handsome fellah this chap is Faith! I love that you backed him with that gorgeous paper and gave him some leaves to eat! Vicky x

jimlynn said...

So very cute - and absolutely fabulous too. I LOVE that image and the sentiment is spot on! Great addition of the ivy. Love your card!
Lynn

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Faith, love the layers you have set him in.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderful coloring of the elephant, Faith!

Dotty Jo said...

Ha ha ha! This is excellent and so beautifully made, Jo x

Sioban said...

I must look with my eyes closed I haven’t seen this elephant before or Connie’s red hot pepper. Love this card, and I’m not telling you my age. I know you, you would broadcast it everywhere. 🤣

wannabcre8tive said...

I am loving this cute and humorous card. The elephant is amazing and the sentiment is so perfect with it.

Cindy Groh said...

Yes! I love that sentiment. I have to write it down and then lose the paper only to find it in 6 months or longer and not remember why I wrote it down. I will put it into my iPad. Thank you for the inspiration.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card. I love the image and the funny sentiment. The tartan baking paper and the green of the ivy really make it pop.

Best wishes.

Dionne