05 February 2023

Dandelion Wish WLSC

 

OOOPs this was posted on December 1st 2022 by mistake, then removed, so here is my copied post, sorry everyone.

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping 

the theme being "Anything Stamped with Stencil Option". 

Please share our challenge logo

 I love this challenge, it makes me think outside my usual box, and make me look through my stamps to use them. Today I chose a stamp I have not been successful with before and not very today either, but I'm happier with this than before. It's a lovely stamp, but a "rubber block" that has text on the surface, I cannot for the life of me get the text. I rubbed over my ink and hoped it would help me, but nope. Anyhow, I was so keen on getting my stamp on, that I forgot I was going to add a stencil. I did the stencilling, but moving the stencil around her, so that I didn't add it over her. I also added more dandelion seed blowing away. The sentiment was stamped, also the frame around it and die cut. I added drops to the seeds. It's a shame about the main image, but I still like the card - in the end.

image - Crafty Individuals
stencil background - Craft Sensations
ink - Distress Oxide - fired brick, abandoned coral, mustard seed
drops - Tonic Crystal Drops.
sentiment stamps and dies - Julie Hickey

The Wonderful prizes this month are

 

Highlight Crafts two prizes, Crown and Glory stamp set and Little Tweet die

30 comments:

brenda said...

The stencil works so well with the silhouette image blowing her 'clock', there's a lovely light and airy feel to your card.

B x

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card and image!!!

Janette said...

Beautiful card Faith, so pretty and love the background.xx

Maria said...

Wonderful image and such a beautiful card! Love the stenciling and great design of the card, well done!

Linby said...

Great stamp and stencil combo, they look so good together.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card I love the stamp and stencilled background
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

When I click on the pic you can see the script
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

A gorgeous card Faith and such a lovely image, beautifully designed, Kate x

jimlynn said...

I love your card! That image is so unique and pretty and the stenciling looks great.
Lynn

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so adorable Faith. Beautiful stencilling that goes so well with the stamp.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Dee's Craft Room said...

I can see why you love this stamp, it is very sweet - especially when teamed with that sentiment. It's quite beautiful.

Dionne x

Brenda said...

What a sweet card Faith! I love it! That stencil works so well with the sweet image of the little girl blowing and wishing. Gives movement to the card. I love that image. Do you think you could do some "stamp surgery" and cute the sentiment off and use it as a separate stamp?? Don't have anything to lose if it doesn't stamp out anyway. Great job with this card, it is adorable! Hugs, Brenda

HilaryJane said...

I like the card too. I think silhouette images are always a challenge to stamp well, but I like how your looks here. The addition of the stencilled background and the dandelion seeds make it something special xx

Pat said...

Love your stenciling added to the stamp. And what a fantastic color scheme!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Your card is beautiful and I would never have guessed that you had a bit of a challenge. The dandelion seeds really do stand out, so delicate and that stencil is a pretty one too. Michelle x

Greta said...

Sweet silhouette image & card!

Shirley Young said...

Beautiful Faith, love the stamp and the stencilling it looks really effective xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Faith, I love this beautiful scene with its gorgeous modern twist! Perfect use of stamping and stenciling. Vicky x

Liz said...

Great card Faith, I love the stencilled background you've created for the lovely image. The silhouette looks very effective stamped in pink. xx

Pauline C said...

Great combo of stamp and stencil Faith - they look amazing together.
Pauline xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Absolutely love the way you matched that CI stamp with the stencilled background! Fabulous colours choice, so sweet and striking! I have this stamp too, thanks for the inspiration!

Mervi said...

Fabulous and beautiful card;-))m

Mervi said...

Fabulous and beautiful card;-))m

Aimeslee Winans said...

A very sweet card and your stenciling is fab. I can see why you like the image, it's a lovely silhouette. I bet it's really old too, being on a wood block. Why don't you stamp her on good stamping paper one last time with a dark ink like Versafine Clair and then scan that in to save and ditch the dang block? At our age, it's not worth the frustration, have your cake and eat it too! Heehee! Hope you are well, hugs, xoxo

Sarn said...

I LOVE this card Faith. Beautiful background and a superb focal image. Good job! xxx

Lisa said...

What a great image and I love the addition of the stencil and additional blown dandelion seeds.

Rosemary said...

lovely card, faith. that silhouette image is so pretty (but they can be hard to stamp!).

Hetty said...

This is wonderful. Love the silhouette image.

Leslie said...

Beautiful card! Love the image!

Cindy Groh said...

You are so cre8ive.