01 February 2023

Nature TMR

Hi Everyone, I have 3 DT cards today, I hope you will be able to visit each of them, this is for -
I love Nature in all forms, well maybe not spiders, but you know what I mean. Anyhow, after looking through my stamps, I decided to use a combination of company stamps and a cut file, you should know me by now, I'm an anything goes person with my crafting. Mix and match and all that.

I have a few birthdays within the family this and next month, so I am being prepared. I have been wanting to use the "boulder" stamp for a while, not knowing what to do, then looking through my stamps I saw this magnificent stag and thought he should be somewhere tall and be proud. That's what I hope he is. 

I went about this all wrong, I think, but got somewhere near to what I wanted. I stamped the stones first, then the stag, and realised I didn't have my background done, never mind, a few stencilled clouds and ink left on blending brushes were added to the background. The colours are pale ish, as I wanted the stag to be, as I said, standing proud. I added a simple sentiment and clear embossed it. The finished scene was then layered onto dark brown card.

I decided he should have at least one tree around him, so off to my Cameo and I cut a tree. I'm not a confident stamper and have problems making a scene etc.  However, I'm quite pleased with the result. 
boulder stamp - Chocolate Baroque
stag & sentiment - Magazine  Freebie
ink - Distress Oxide vintage photo, mustard seed, abandoned coral. Distress Ink peeled paint
tree - Pine Tree, Loni Harris, Silhouette design Store #4581 
all card - stash
 
Come join us at The Male Room, there is plenty of inspiration there to get you started. Men are always little boys, so start there?

Crafty Animals #69

22 comments:

brenda said...

The Stag is a really fine fellow Faith and makes for a perfect masculine card.

B x

Janette said...

Beautiful card Faith.xx

pinky said...

This is a perfectly masculine card, love it!!

jimlynn said...

It's perfect just as is. I really like the way you added the background too. Perfect card for a guy!
Lynn

Chrissy said...

Fabulous masculine design Faith, he is wonderful standing up there all regal and proud, love the tree and great scene..

luv CHRISSYxx

HilaryJane said...

I find doing scenes difficult too, but I think you have done a grand job with this one. Your stag looks magnificent and I love how you have done the background xx

MortiCraft said...

Beautiful card Faith. The stag looks very majestic. X

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the magnificent stag
Carol x

Brenda said...

I love this masculine card Faith! The scene is fabulous, I'm not good with scene cards at all. Your sky is beautiful and your stag definitely is standing proud! Love the addition of the tree, it looks amazing! Yep, I love, love, love this card! Hugs, Brenda

AndrejaM said...

beautifull card

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful masculine card, love the stag and the light soft tones!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oohhh - love this Kathy, it's a stunning card, so beautifully made. Well Done! I mix and match is my style too :)
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa said...

Fabulous masculine card. Great image and the die cut tree works perfect too.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very nice job, Faith. Makes a grand guy card. Love the subtle stenciling, too. xoxo

Dee's Craft Room said...

What a wonderful masculine card. I love the colourful background, it works so well.

Dionne x

Rosemary said...

fabulous masculine card, faith. you are so good at mixing different elements on your cards!

Shirley Young said...

A lovely scene Faith, and your stamping looks perfect to me. Love the subtle colours xx

Greta said...

Love the scene & adding the tree was perfect!

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving your stag standing proudly on that rocky outcrop Faith! The background is lovely too - subtle but shows off your main images beautifully. Vicky x

Donna Scholz said...

Faith, definitely a great guy card! The pretty blended sky really allows the stag to stand front and center!! -Donna

Pauline C said...

Beautiful stamping and love your inky sky Faith it is so atmospheric.
Pauline xx

Leslie said...

Beautiful masculine card!