01 February 2023

Showers of Love QKR

Hi Everyone, I've been awol, for a few days, reason? I have been so busy, with different things. I hope to catch up now.

I have 3 DT cards today, I hope you will be able to visit each of them, this is for -

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month
 

 It's nearly Valentine's Day, so I decided to make a card for hubby. I chose the both images as they are what I feel. He has been a blessing through all the rain and cloudy times we have had in our lives. I selected blue for my card, as it represents the rain and the love with the hearts. Do I sound a romantic? Not really, just grateful for him. Although I am a Pisces, they are supposed to be Romantics and Dreamers.  Mmmmm.

I used both the cloud and hearts image, the sentiment and the "for you" I added below the sentiment in my Cameo program, then print and cut the card front. The cloud was printed and cut 3 times, it was layered and coloured it with DO. The background was shaded with the same colour, then all the hearts including the sentiment were coloured with a deeper blue DI, then I used 3D glaze on all the hearts. The front was then placed onto the main card. Quite simple, but I think the glaze has added a something!  Shame you can't see it.

digital stampsShowers of Love & Raining Hearts 
                                  (Eureka Stamps)     (Eureka Stamps)
inks - Distress Oxide - tumbling glass
Distress Ink - chipped sapphire
glaze -Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Cameo digital die cutting machine.

It would be lovely to see you at the ATG Challenge.

19 comments:

pinky said...

Ach it's too cute! I am sure he will love it Faith.

jimlynn said...

Your blue card for Valentine's Day is so cute and fun - and I know your husband will love it too! CAS and perfect!
Lynn

Chrissy said...

Raining hearts, so pretty and love the sky colours, gorgeous card Faith..

Luv CHRISSYxx

HilaryJane said...

This is great, I love that you have used blue and not red for the hearts. I am sure your hubby will be thrilled with it xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and image I love all the hearts in blue
Carol x

Brenda said...

Awwww, I love this card for hubby, Faith! The clouds and hearts are just perfect and yes, romantic but also thankfulness. I love the soft colors and I really love that image. The sentiment is just perfect as well. I think hubby will love this card! Hugs, Brenda

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a so sweet card with that shower of hearts and the blue tones! Your hubby will love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oops, apologies, I realise I have had the wrong name - shame
Faith this is a beautiful image and I love your colouring of it, and the symbolism of the colour choice. Marriages need to be worked at, and the 'blue' times make us stronger together, if we let them!
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa said...

I love this cloud image and your card is just perfect to send love to anyone.

creationsnz said...

Great card Faith, love the blue and the CAS. CarolG

Aimeslee Winans said...

You have very cleverly combined the stamps, Faithie, into a very sweet card for your hubby. Pretty colors too. Hope you are having a good weekend, xoxo

Dee's Craft Room said...

You do sound a little romantic but if you can't be romantic on Valentine's Day, when can you?

I love the card, especially all of the heart raindrops.

Dionne x

Rosemary said...

Oh, what a wonderful Valetine for your hubby, Faith! He is very blessed to you!

Shirley Young said...

A lovely design in blue Faith, it works really well xx

Linby said...

It's a great valentine and a beautiful image.

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a wonderfully meaningful Valentine for your dear hubby!

Pauline C said...

Absolutely love this image Faith, and the colours are so atmospheric - perfect!
Pauline xx

Pat said...

Love the image and the way you colored it. I'm happy you still have your hubby. I lost mine almost six years ago. That image and greeting could cover so many occasions!

Leslie said...

Love all these hearts! Beautiful card!