28 July 2022

Police helmet

 Hi Everyone, I'm still in trouble with Blogger, but I have clicked on certain blogs in the email and have been able to go through to them, but not all. I'll keep trying and see what happens.

My card today is for my Godsons's son, who has followed his father into the Police. He has just "Passed Out" so I made this card for him. I looked online for a British "Bobby" hat and was able to download one and take it into my Silhouette and make a background for it to sit on. The helmet shape is out of black card and the background layer is silver mirror card. I loved that the badge was included, so cut that too. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? But it did take me a little while to get the background, as the helmet was in parts. Before adding it to the card with 3D pads, I curved it a little and curved the front down.

I also added and cut the sentiment in Silhouette.  I didn't think there should be any embellishments, although thinking about it now, perhaps handcuffs, OH! Well, too late now, he should have received it by now.

helmet - PNGKEY
sentiment font - Flitte 

I also did another card after it. I had been out to The Range and found a few dies that were silly prices, so I bought them! As you do. They are small, so I thought I had better see what they were like on a card, or had I made a silly buy. Well, it turns out I was pleased with the size. 
 
I decided to see what I could do with an all die card, and this is the result. I cut all the flower and the butterfly dies, (they were £1.99) and coloured them simply with marker pens, then die cut a square and coloured with DO's to match the flowers. I cut a couple of butterflies to add as I thought it a little plain, I have real difficulty with CAS cards. Do you think I could have left the butterflies off? I also added a frame around the whole and added a die cut sentiment also. 
 
Flower Dies - Violet Studio Designs (Crafters Companion)
inks - Distress Oxides shaded lilac, tumbled glass, worn lipstick
markers - Spectrum Noir 
frame - Sue Wilson, square Noble dies
frame butterflies - Tattered Lace
central square die and sentiment die - forgotten - sorry





18 comments:

Janette said...

Two great cards Faith although for me, the first picture is a blank until I hover over it and then I can see that fabulous helmet. Heaven knows why everything is so messed up with blogger, it seems always something...not to worry, blog on...:))

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card for you Godson love the Police helmet and the pretty card you made with all the little dies
Carol x

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

Absolutely LOVE the Police card ........... so simple but it says it all.

I have a love hate relationship with Blogger for many reasons over the years. At the moment it doesn't let me save my pictures to Pinterest, so I've just given up! Aghhhh

Helen

Leslie said...

Beautiful cards, Faith! Congrats to your godson's son - his card is terrific and I know he'll love it! The birthday card is so pretty with the soft pastels!

Pauline C said...

2fab cards Faith .. superb effort with the police helmet (I don’t know anything about how to use a Sulhouette), and the die cut flower card is really pretty
Pauline xx

Maria said...

Two fabulous cards!! What a perfect card for your godson’s son! I’m sure he’ll love it! Congrats to him! And, lovely birthday card with pretty colors!

Rosemary said...

Love the card you made for your godson's son, Faith. It is fabulous! I bet he loved it too. The second card is so delicate and sweet. I'm sorry you are still having problems with blogger.

Shirley Young said...

Well done to your Godson Faith, I’m sure he loved the card it looks great. Love your bargain dies too, it’s a very pretty card xx

Sue said...

Fabulous card for your Godson! great helmet Faith and love the second card too hugs Sue x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Two fabulous CAS cards, you might struggle but you definitely won! Love how you did the helmut and those flower dies are so cute, your inked background beautiful. My opinion on the butterflies is yes, the 3 add a balance and draw the eye into the center. Hope you are doing well and staying cool, xoxo

Linby said...

Brilliant Police card - so personal. Love the pretty card with the dies too.

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous cards Faith, love the helmet for your Godson, simple but very clever design and the tiny flowers are so pretty and I love the soft colours and lovely design..
Have you tried to google "Why I cannot connect to other blogs"..sometimes there is a very simple explanation..could be after an update and in your settings?

Luv CHRISSYxx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice cards - great job as always!!!

Hetty said...

Hi Faith, sorry you still have trouble, but this post is wonderful.
The Bobby hat is awesome. You can do anything with your silhouette. I am not so technical.
I prefer the dies and you were so lucky to get some cheap ones. The flowers and the butterflies go great together.
Without the butterflies the card would be to empty. My 2 cents. Happy Sunday. We have rain.

Carol L said...

What a perfect card for your godson's son who is following in his father's footsteps! The police helmet is just perfect. Your purchase of those little dies was well worth it - look what an adorable card you've made with them! I love the pastel colors and framed design!

Dee's Craft Room said...

What a great card - you are so creative with your Silhouette. I wish your Godson's son all the best in his chosen career.

Your die cut card is adorable, wonderful floral colours, and the butterflies were the perfect finishing touch

Dionne x

Helen F. said...

Those pretty flowers and butterflies look lovely as a focal point on your sweet Birthday card, Faith.

Greta said...

What a great card for the new policeman! Your all dies card is so sweet!