01 July 2022

Imperious Lion? QKR

Hi Everyone my one of 2 DT cards today is for the challenge at QKR. Our challenge is on the 1st and 15th of every month, so you have 2 chances every month to enter the challenge.
We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month

I saw this wonderful and imperious lion and had to have him, my son's birthday is in August and I decided to use this "Leo" for him. I've been kind to him this year, I haven't added his age! He really doesn't like to be reminded he's 46 and is middle-aged, he says he's still a teenager? I CAN be good sometimes. 
 
I took the image into Silhouette to cut 3 layers of him, and 2 of him in a white background, which I tried to shade with different colours, although it wasn't too successful I decided to go with it. He is coloured with Distress inks. I added the sentiment and cut 3 layers of that also.

I decided on papers to match the background and as the Leo personality is outgoing, so should the paper be. The design papers were also cut out on the Silhouette. I cut 3 layers of circles and attached them before added 3 D glaze to them. The white background was dry embossed for texture and 3D'd onto the main card.

lion - Eureka Stamps
inks - Distress Inks & Oxide
striped paper - Craft Sensations
embossing folder - Modern Stripe Craftwell EF
glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze


9 comments:

Leslie said...

Super awesome card, Faith! None of our kids like to be reminded of their age once they pass 35, lol! Heck, I don't either! Bahahaha!

Brenda said...

Love this card Faith! The lion is an impressive image and works well for your son's birthday. Love the background he is on, the colors are fabulous. The embossed part of the card give nice texture and I love how you added a 3D glaze to the dots on your banners. How sweet of you not to rub it in on how old your son. lol I will have a son hitting 40 this year, makes me feel so old. lol Well done with your son's birthday card Faith! Hugs, Brenda

Lisa said...

I love that wonderful lion and what a fun sentiment and terrific layout too. This is a great card for your son's birthday.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Faith, a super image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

I find it almost funny how our mid-40s children hate to be reminded of their ages! Wait until they get where WE are, eh? LOL Fun card for a Leo and those little banners look great with the candy dots!

Shirley Young said...

Fabulous image Faith, it’s made a great card xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great design and love the chilled out lion-our eldest son was 52yrs this year and when he was 50 I made him a Vintage card lol
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Your lion and his background is exquisitely colored with the DI. No more computer coloring for you, the real stuff is much prettier! Lovely card and he better like it (I think all men get chuffed when compared to a lion, eh? So he will love it!) XOX

Gail said...

Faith -- I ain't Lion when I tell yo I have that digital and oh my you did an awesome job coloring it! Beautiful work!