10 July 2022

Sewing card

 Hi Everyone. My card today was one I made for my SiL who is an expert sewer, so I thought this appropriate for her. I also added her face on the control button. I used a wonderful sewing machine by my blog friend Shirley.

I cut the main card and the top shape layer in pearlised card. I embossed the details on navy card, and rubbed over some gold metallic paste. Using the colours of the material for the cotton reels, I cut them out. The scissors were cut into 2 to use mirror card for the bottom. I used the cut shape in the file to cut the material and placed it on the shaped card. The sentiment was cut from the same navy card.

I placed a die cut leaf inside to add a little something with the stamped sentiment, as you can see in the first photo. I added it after I took the photo, as I thought it a little plain.

sewing machine cut file - Shirley Young 
white card for base - 300gsm The Range
navy card and Kraft card - stash
shape of machine card - Crafters Companion Centura Pearl White
coloured card - Dovecraft Textured card
material - old sheet recycled 
ef - WRMK Polkadots
metallic paste - Craft-T Products
stamp sentiment - Woodware
leaf stamp - Chloes Creative 
leaf die - small dies added to make a large bunch - Sissix

  a close-up of the layers and material

 
the centre without the added leaf, you can see in the top photo
 
 
I have already added this to my FB page, but I thought I would add it here too, as it is so funny, I think! It's a little shaky as I had the camera on a long zoom and couldn't hold it still. They are using the butterfly net over the veg, protecting them from the carrot fly.
 The Magpies on their bouncy castle! 
 

 
 
 

21 comments:

Janette said...

A wonderful card Faith, I love how you personalised this for your sil. Its gorgeous, she will love it.
Thanks for sharing the little video of the Magpies, aren't they just beautiful and naughty.xx

Liz said...

Great card Faith, I have a friend this would be perfect for. Thanks for sharing the video, so funny! We seem to have lots of magpies visit our garden lately. Perhaps I need to build them a trampoline. 🤣 xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous personalised card love the sewing machine shape and all the embellishments,great idea to add her pic on the control button too.Love the video of the clever magpies-see even birds love to play too
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Faith, and so personal for your Sister, it's really beautiful.
Loved the little video, they seam to be having great fun, Kate x

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, I love the sewing machine shape and all of the fabulous details - it sounds perfect for your SIL.
There seems to be a lot of Magpies around this year!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shirley Young said...

You’ve made the template look great Faith, love the photo on the button. The magpies really look to be enjoying themselves xx

Pauline C said...

Fantastic card Faith .. so much detail !! I absolutely love the shiny scissors and little cotton reels xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Another fab and fun card I love the details on this especially the button with your SIL face on it and the humourous sentiment as always your cards make me smile. I saw the video on FB and it made me laugh they are determined little so and so's aren't they.

Marie

Leslie said...

Such a wonderful card! I have a sewing machine SVG file that I've never made... you've inspired me to at least take a peek at it, lol! I can't remember if it's a flat one or 3-D. You've done a great job on this one for your seamstress SIL!

R's Rue said...

This is just the cutest. I love it Faith. Have a lovely day. Hugs. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Fabulous card Faith hugs x

Gail said...

What a fantastic shaped card - I actually THINK I have one similar in my stash -so many items and so little time - LOL-- I would like to invite you to enter your art at Word Art Wednesday - any Family Friends art with a sentiment is welcomed - it is a Bi-Weekly challenge in which you can upload 5 art projects the first week and 5 the finally week - Prizes are to be won. Hope you have a lovely day Faith - enjoy here is link to the blog https://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card for your SIL! Love the shape and the pretty colors! Great sentiment inside, too! I’m commenting on my phone and it has anonymous for me, but it’s me…Maria Patrick.

Rosemary said...

Wow! What a fabulous card for your SIL, Faith. Absolutely love it. Looks like the birds were having a great time.

Gail said...

Stopping by with my Design Team Hat on saying - Thank you for dropping off your SEW Fabulous card at WAW - Best wishes for the draw! Have a blessed day!

Carol L said...

This is just a fabulous personalized creation made for your SIL! The sewing machine is fantastic in itself, but adding her picture to it took it way over the top for me! This card is truly a gift in itself! Love those playful birds too :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh my heart, Faith, this is about the most darling thing I've seen all day. Cute cute CUTE. Thanks so much for stopping by to fellowship with us and to share your ADORABLE and super creative art with us. You're super talented and it's a treat to have you share your creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you have a blessed and creative week, and please stop by to join us again soon. You're always most welcome to play along with us when you're able.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card - love the sewing machine - great job as always!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh my gosh, Faith, I think this is one of your best makes ever! She will treasure it and hopefully display it. I know I would! LOVE!!!! Thank you for ALL your "Arfur" wishes you leave me, I get a chuckle every time I read that nickname. Sadly, the heat + humidity riles at least one of the Arfurs up but I'm used to it by now (20 years in 2023) and only resort to whining and complaining on days it's overbearing. I usually sleep a lot. :-) XOX

Sarn said...

Super sewing themed card for your SiL and I love that sentiment inside!

Thanks for sharing the magpie video. They are curious and funny little things! We have one that comes and dabs his food into the bird bath, presumably to soften it before eating! xxx

Greta said...

Incredibly creative card! Bet she loved it!