15 July 2022

Hi! QKR

Hi Everyone, my post today is for 
 
 
We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month
 
One of my teammates at QKR, Sioban, uses 2 or more of QKR images on her cards, so today, I thought I would try and put two together and here is my offering. I love the happy Bee and used him a few times, the ladybug is a good match I think? Anyhow, I took them into my Cameo and cut all the layers out, 3 of each, including the sentiment, which is just using a font and cutting it!

I stencilled a background with DO's, coloured the images in Watercolour pencils, then for a bit of shimmer used gold and silver paint to make the bee's wings shine and added gold to the flower petals and the sentiment. I also added glaze to the eyes of the bug and bee. When I made this, the weather was not too good, making it difficult to photograph. I've added another photo showing the layers, you can also see a little of the shine.
 
floral stencil - not known, it was a gift
Hi - Font Beauty Alesha Serif 
ink - Distress Oxides
pencils - Nuvo Vibrant Watercolour Pencils
glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Silhouette Cameo
 
 
this is a little of the shine
 

14 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgerous card,love the images.xxx

mamapez5 said...

A fun card with two images that go together beautifully. Well done for making it with your Cameo. I am getting so much use from my machine these days. It is too hot her to much colouring etc, so cutting out is often a better option. Your colouring is excellent. Kate x

Sue said...

This is so cute Faith! love both those images hugs Sue x

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, you have created a lovely background and I love your fun Happy Bee and Bug.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shirley Young said...

What a cute happy card Faith, just love those images. Stay cool in the heatwave xx

Leslie said...

OMGosh, super adorable card! I love the images you used together and it's such a great idea to use more than one!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Now, that's a bright and cheerfully cute card! Nice combo of images, too. Hope your weather has improved. We've been getting some rain every day and it has kept the temps down a bit. But my Arfurs have been a bit nasty because of it. Back to another heat wave next week though, stay cool and I hope your weather improves! xoxo

Rosemary said...

Your card is sweet as can "bee", Faith!

Inkyfingers said...

Oh, this card makes me smile, Faith with the adorable bug and bee that remind me of Disney characters! Love the background and the shiny wings are a perfect finishing touch.
Hope you are keeping cool,
Hugs
Carol x

Carol L said...

Using two images on one card turned out cuter than cute! These bugs are adorable and I love the stenciling in the background along with all the shine you added to everything! What a fun way to send a "hi" to someone! Stay cool! We are really needing rain here as the lawn is turning brown. I'm just thankful our air conditioner still works and we're cool inside :) Have a great week ahead!

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and image-beautifully coloured Faith -love the cute bugs
Carol x

Hetty said...

Beautiful card: great stencilled background and wonderful fun colored images
Such a great card.

Maria said...

What a cute card with the darling bees!! Wonderful stenciled background, too!!

Greta said...

Super cute & love the shine!