04 July 2019

scraps?

Hi Everyone, I have been lacking mojo for a long time, but just hanging in there to make something, well yesterday morning I decided to have a clear out, I wasn't going to use those scraps in the box on my desk was I? Nope, they had to go, but, I may as well have a look at what I had first, you have to don't you?

It turned out that I used 2 of my scraps and actually really liked my card in the end. I did a stamping the other day that I thought had gone into the bin, I had water coloured it and decided I didn't like the pale colours, I had also done a Silhouette cut file, which in the end I didn't know what to do with, they both appear here!
"Made with Love" stamp flowers and sentiment - Stamps by me
water colour pencils - Nuvo Brilliantly Vibrant Pencils
Silhouette cut file - Wonky Plaid, Paige Evans,
swiped over with old Whispers Ink pads,
I used the white paper part under the inked cut file, for the sentiment
gold card - stash
Kraft card - Dovecraft
cross stitch embossed card - stash
the photo doesn't do it justice, it's so pretty in real life and the stamping doesn't look as pale as it did on it's own!


11 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith, that is gorgeous! That gold looks so rich and elegant.

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking and beautiful card. Well done you on taking another look at those scraps in the box on your desk and what a marvellous job you've done with them x Great colour combination too x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful and love the background---this is why we hang on to everything lol
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

This is so beautiful Faith, it's a gorgeous image and such lovely soft colours, well done in using the scraps, Kate x

Brenda said...

This is a stunning card Faith! I love the colors of this one and I love that stamped image. You have colored it up so softly, so beautifully. Well done using ups those scraps instead of scrapping them. Hugs, Brenda

Shirley Young said...

I think all us crafters are hoarders and this is a good example of why !! A lovely design xx

Hetty said...

Such a lovely card! I love using what I still have on my desk and using it for a card I did not plan making. Love the colors and the beautiful flowers. Well done, Faith.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card faith, your pastel flowers are so pretty and the background is perfect.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

I ponder over tossing my scraps all the time and end up tossing only a few. Glad you saved yours to make this pretty birthday card!

Greta said...

Hurrah for scraps ending up as a beautiful card!

Nancy said...

Oh, Faith! It's a real beauty! I love everything about it! :o)