17 July 2019

Balloon birthday

Hi Everyone, well! we have Summer at last, although only for a few days, but gorgeous weather the last couple of days.

Anyhow you are here to see my card? I made it a couple of months ago and forgot I hadn't posted it, so here it is, I have to thank Jennifer Mcguire for the inspiration for this quick card.

I designed the balloon in Silhouette and cut both the balloon and and sentiment out to place onto the card, I added some bakers twine and it was done. Just as well as I had completely forgotten a GNephews birthday, so a quick card was needed and handed to him later that day without him knowing I had forgotten whew!
card - Dovecraft
glitter pen - Spectrum Noir
bakers twine - stash

I managed to catch the incredible view of the eclipsed moon last night, it was awesome, I had to go for a walk before seeing it, as we have a lot of trees around us and the moon was low in the sky. Such a shame that I didn't take my camera just my phone to take the photos, I thought it would be better, I should have known better. These are a couple of what I took, just a shame they are so blurred. However I saw it in all it's glory and wonderful red colour.



13 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - super cute thanks for sharing!!!

Viv said...

Super card for your GNephew Faith!such a clever idea to do the balloon-like that too. You did well to capture the moon pic too, it was cloudy here sadly ! Viv xx

Mac Mable said...

We couldn't see the eclipse but great that you did Faith x Eye catching CAS card and great work on the silhouette. Great that you had it to hand for your grand nephew x.

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the twine you added to the balloon!! It's so fun!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! So happy to be your newest follower!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol L said...

OH this is fun with that big, bright balloon! Love the twine too :)

Nancy said...

What a fantastic birthday card, Faith! It's just so festive and fun! It looks like it was lots of fun to make too! Thanks so much for sharing your moon photos! I always appreciate seeing your photos! :o)

Shirley Young said...

Love the card Faith. Nice to see your photos as we missed the eclipse xx

Pat K said...

Fabulous cas card Faith. So nice to see your photos of the eclipse. Thanks for sharing. xx

Brenda said...

I so remember JM making these cards! lol I loved them and I love yours Faith. Your balloon shape is nice and love your twine. Loving that font on the "happy birthday" as well. Well done. I love to see the moon and we have had some great moons this year and last year, but I can never get a "true" picture of the moon. Not with my camera or my phone camera. lol Your eclipsed moon looks beautiful Faith. Hugs, Brenda

cotnob said...

A fun Birthday card Faith, a super CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS manochrome card and a great save too lol-I got a good view of the moon too and the full moon the night before too
Carol x

Greta said...

How wonderful to see the eclipse--never gets old! Love the BD card--makes a statement!

Linby said...

Just a brilliant and simple design - love it.
Well done on the moon pic too.