23 July 2019

Over the top card

Hi Everyone, I did this tutorial for the TTCRD magazine last year, so I thought I would share it with those who hadn't read it.

I designed the card in Silhouette, by making a shape for a 6x6 card = 6x12 rectangle. I added the elephant head shape by ScrappinbyKris to the rectangle and welded it to make the shaped card. I arranged the shapes of the elephant and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the parts out. I coloured parts of it with Spectrum Noir marker pens, I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the border and computer generated the sentiment.

1. first place all pieces of card in colours required, 
I placed them all for this card.

2. after being cut out remove from the mat 

3. fold the white card and cover with chosen paper,
add the ears and other parts to the head shape onto the white card

4. layering with 3D pads on the trunk

5. add the border punch and sentiment

6. finished card!



11 comments:

Lisa said...

This is the most adorable card!! I love the sweet elephant!! Your tutorial is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beebeebabs said...

Tooooo cute thanks for sharing!!!

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card Faith, love the elephant and your design, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulously creative and great work on the silhouette. Such a fun card Faith x

Hetty said...

Oh my goodness, such a FABULOUS card!

Shirley Young said...

Really cute Faith, I really like over the top cards xx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, this is just too cute, Faith! Love your detailed instructions. :-D

Brenda said...

This shaped card is totally adorable Faith. I used to love making shaped cards on my Cricut, but it has been forever since I've made one. I am just totally in love with this little elephant! Hugs, Brenda

Crafting with Darcy said...

This is really really cute, Faith! I love everything about it! The paper is awesome and I love how you made the elephant.

cotnob said...

Such an adorable card Faith, you elephant is so cute and I love the brightly patterned papers - a fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute and love the elephant head and great sentiment
Carol x