01 July 2019

Retro!

Hi Everyone, my DT post today lets me go back to my late teens / early twenties, I was brought up without phones in the homes, it was letters or a phone box for contacting anyone. When hubby and I had our own home after 5 years of saving and of marriage, we had our own telephone in the house, not that there were many people to call LOL. Ah! how times change, now everyone is attached to their phone inside and outside the home.

Anyhow on to my card.

I felt I had to use the colour of the first phone we had and a retro wallpaper, can you believe we had similar paper on the walls of our homes like this? The doily was also on the table, usually made by MiL or Aunt, they worked beautiful crochet. I still have some of their work.
telephone - Morgans Art World
coloured in Photoshop CS6, fussy cut and 3D'd
paper - Sweet Digi Scraps Designs
wood effect paper - Kim Broedelet
doily - A. Wolff designs
all from a Pixel & Co blog hop August 2014
sentiment - with gradient effect to match wallpaper, 3D'd.

the design was influenced by this sketch

For purchasing Morgan's ArtWorld Images please visit the Facebook Digi shop 
(you will need to join the Facebook Group to view the Images in Albums) 
Morgan's Artworld (Facebook) Shop HERE!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/163615714504851/

************************************************* 

We would like to invite you to our Morgan's ArtWorld Facebook Group. 
Please come and join our Group HERE!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/848616968526756/

*****************************************************

Morgan's ArtWorld Pinterest Link: HERE
https://www.pinterest.com.au/MorgansArtworld/
Challenge Rules:
  • 3 Entries permitted
  • Open Challenge use any Image or Project 
  • Link your entry to the direct Post and not to your entire Blog and make sure you Link back to our Challenge
  •  You MUST be a follower of this Blog
  • Challenge Themes are always "Anything Goes"
  • Winners will be announced at Morgan's ArtWorld Facebook Group which will also be blogged and posted on the last day of each month prior to new challenge commencing on 1st of each month



21 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

LOL cute card and love the sentiment thanks for sharing!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Yep, I guess I'm old too! Still have a telephone like that in the guest room, which still works!

Lori said...

How fun! Love your green phone and the funny sentiment!

Mac Mable said...

The retro wallpaper is looking really familiar! Such a fun card with a great sentiment and a perfect retro phone....Those where the days x.

crafty-stamper said...

Yes I remember going to the phone box and when we got the first phones you had a party line which you shared with someone else and if they were using it when you picked it up you could join in the conversation lol I also recognise the wallpaper remeber some that was mainly blue and the paintwork was orange with matching curtains omg!!!Love the card by the way
carol x

Hetty said...

Love your card and your story! Great colors and yes, so retro.
I recently noticed some videos about kids who had no clue how a phone like this works.

Lisa Lynn said...

Adorable card Faith. Funny how now these things are antiques.

Liz said...

Great card, Faith, love the sentiment. It brought back memories of the first house phone we had, I was about 13 at the time. It was green too, in two different shades of green. Until then just one family in the street had a telephone, which we occasionally used in an emergency. How times have changed! xx

Shirley Young said...

Great card Faith and I certainly remember those phones. I think when we got our first phone we had to have a ‘party line’ as there was limited availability - how times change xx

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, I remember those days - we didn't have a phone at home until I was about 16 and then only because my Dad's boss had one installed so that he could get hold of him!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Faith, I love the design and the phone image. I wish the phone design was still on the go, I loved the shape of them, I've seen some but have buttons instead of a dial...not the same, Kate x

wannabcre8tive said...

A cute card. I love the phone. Brings back memories. I am soooo retro. :)

Anne said...

That's a fun card Faith - great sentiment
I must be old too because I remember very well having a phone like that!
Anne x

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, not only did I use one of those, my grandparents had a party-line! ;) Great card! So perfect how you have the floral wall paper and the doily under the phone! Love it; thanks for bringing back some fun memories! So happy you shared with us at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

Joy Wilson said...

Super card! I remember the super long cord that we wrapped all around the house as we talking... great memories! Thanks for sharing with us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Greta said...

Oh what a kick! Yep--we had one & yep--I'm old--haha!

Kathy said...


Thanks for using some lovely patterned paper stash and joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun card and I see that I am definitely in the retro camp! I remember feeling so posh when we got a trimphone and could push the buttons lol. Love this fun card - you have built up the scene so well and the doily under the phone is the perfect finishing touch.

Hugs
Carol x

Linby said...

Love it! I also remember have a shared landline - you could sometimes pick it up and hear the other party line! The grandkids tried to press the numbers when they saw one of these lol!

Dawn said...

Love the sentiment. Your card is fabulous. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Carol L said...

I truly wish we could still buy phones like this because they WORKED! You could hear the person on the other end with no dropped calls or static! Love this vintage beauty!