24 January 2024

'puter troubles and a 5 year old card

 Hi Everyone. I've been missing in action, as I have had my 'puter not behaving itself. I haven't been able to see my files, they were all greyed out, unless I clicked on them. I couldn't do any searches, it made me feel I didn't want to be on it, I think it's the longest I have been off my 'puter for years. I did come on to see if I could repair it, I went online to see if there was anything I could do, but each time I saw something promising my 'puter looked the same as the example graphic.

Then on Monday, I came on to try again and went looking for more ideas, I came across something to tell me to go into the Control Panel, BUT! My Control panel was missing, so after a bit of playing around I found it and what I was looking for. I noticed one of the panels wasn't the same as the example graphic, so changed it, and lo and behold I was back and everything was doing what it was supposed to. What a relief. I don't change things here, so I don't know how it happened, unless a Windows update changed things, I'll never know!

 Anyhow, you aren't here to listen to my grumbles, but I had to explain my absence from your blogs. Luckily, my DT cards had been scheduled. 

Now onto my card, one of my Niece's granddaughter, has her 5th birthday coming up and this is what I did for her. I saw a card recently where an image was popped up from the card. I went into my Silhouette program and designed this shaped card around the digital image. I added a slight border to the card, so the image was framed. The sentiment was sized, and a shape designed to match the black border on the image. Both the image and sentiment were print and cut with 2 layers of each.

Next, I coloured the image face with DI's, but as I wanted brighter colours for the rest, I changed to markers. I then used a sparkle pen for the number and the sentiment letters. I decided to add a few crystal drops. All attached to the card and now ready to send with an insert, I forgot to take a piccie of. The finished card is 7 x 7inches.

image - Bugaboo
inks - Distress Ink, tattered rose, tea dye, aged mahogany
markers - Spectrum Noir
crystal drops - Nuvo Crystal Drops
font - Chocokings

 
showing the sparkle on the 5

30 comments:

Janette said...

This is a gorgeous card Faith, perfect for a little girl turning 5.
As for the PC troubles, its awful isn't it, we depend on them so much now, I am so glad you managed to sort it, welcome back haha. xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Welcome back Faith and glad to see you got your computer sorted-these things are okay as long as they are working lol.Fabulous card for a 5yrs old love the cute image and all the sparkle.
Carol x

Pauline C said...

Great fun card Faith .. vibrant and fun for a 5 year old. Glad you got your computer sorted … they are a law unto themselves sometimes!!
Pauline xx

Carol L said...

I'm so glad you were able to figure out the computer problem and solve it. Good for you! This card for your relative is as cute as a button and what child isn't going to love all that sparkle?! Great work! Welcome back too by the way, it's good to see you again :)

Sue said...

Awww this is so lovely Faith sorry you've had 'puter' problems but glad to see you sorted it out hugs x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

New technologies aren't trusted, they always do what they want LOL I'm glad you solved the problem. Adorable birthday card for your Niece's granddaughter, it looks so cute and fun! Love the sparkling and surely she will love it too! :D

HilaryJane said...

Well done for sorting out your 'puter problem. You should be very pleased with yourself. Your card is brilliant and perfect for a 5 year old xx

Rosemary said...

Your card is so cute and perfect for a five year old. She will absolutely love it! Sorry you were having problems with the computer, but glad that you were able to figure out what the problem was.

Shirley Young said...

Fabulous card Faith, I bet the little one will love it. Glad you got your PC sorted, I really dread anything going wrong xx

baileyrosy.com said...

So sorry to hear you've had "puter" troubles there's nothing worse when you are a blogger. Fabulous card as always full of fun and mischief just like its creator.

Marie

Shona Erlenborn said...

Good on you for sorting your computer! I'm useless when it comes to all that, have to rely on the availability of the kids or hubby! Anyway glad you got it sorted! This card is adorable! What a cutie peeking over the top of the sparkly 5! Love it!

cuilliesocks said...

An adorable card Faith for a little one, fabulous design and colours.
Pleased you managed to sort out your puter problems eventually, Kate x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Faith glad you sorted out your computer I love this wonderful card the fun image and colours look FAB
hugs
lorraine x

Greta said...

So glad you got your computer to work again! I doubt I'd have been able to do it. What an adorable BD card for a 5 yr old girl!

Hetty said...

How sorry I am to read you had pc trouble, I hate that you cannot control it and it has a way of its own.
But it could not defeat you!!
The card is adorable and I am sure will be treasured.

KraftyKoolKat said...

So sorry you had troubel with your computer, you were a clever girl sorting it all out. Glad you could show us this gorgeous cute card.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

brenda said...

A belated visit and a C&P comment I'm afraid as MS preventing me doing much still, but can at least take a peek at what everyone is creating.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute card Faith - I love the way you have used the image, especially the sparkle.
Commuters can be so temperamental - so glad you found the cause of the glitches and were able to sort it out.
Blessings
Maxine

Aimeslee Winans said...

Omygosh, so happy your 'puter crisis was solved!
Love that Bugaboo card, xoxo

Vicky Hayes said...

How adorable is this little cutie peeking over the sparkly number 5! Any little girl would love to receive this!
So sorry to hear about your computer problems. That's a nightmare isn't it! Well done for figuring out though! Glad to have you back. Vicky x

wannabcre8tive said...

This is such a cute card. Five year olds are so much fun. It is good to see you back blogging. I hate computer problems. It is good that you can figure them out. I have to wait for someone to come help me out. I still can’t get the things with blogger fixed.

Lisa said...

I can so relate to computer issues. I have 2 computers. One in my craft room and one that I use for just quick peeks at the world. That one is so old and has really been slow and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to speed up. I may need to take it in as everything I have researched is not fixing it.

Your card is so adorable and perfect for a little girl turning the big 5.

Linby said...

Windows has a mind of it's own! So pleased you got it sorted as it is very annoying and I can sympathise.
This is such a cute card and perfect for a 5 year old.

Maria said...

I'm glad that your computer problems got straightened out. My son was here the other day to help me with some computer problems for I kept getting hacked on my facebook, but I hope it's resolved now. Anyways, your birthday card for Layla is so darling! Love the sweet girl image and all the sparkle!

pinky said...

Well done you fixing the problem!! It's mind blowing how these things happen! I love your adorable card, she is a right cutie!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so super cute, Faith. I always enjoy your wonderful and fun art. Thanks for stopping by my blog. The purple I used is Dusty Concord. I wish I could own then ALL.

Chana Malkah said...

This is a fabulous card and just perfect for a five-year-old! The image reminds me how much I miss Bugaboo Stamps. I lost all my images when my hard disk failed.

Love the colors and fun treatments!
Hugz,
Chana

Sue - said...

Fabulous card Faith. I bet she loved it!

Leslie said...

Super adorable! Glad you got your issue solved, and I'm thrilled to see a project with a Bugaboo image! I have a ton of them and sure do love them!

Pat said...

What a fun and pretty Bugaboo image for this five year old Faith, and love the design with the image standing proud of the card edge, and a lovely font for the sentiment too, and finished perfectly with the crystal drops. Glad that you managed to solve the problem with your computer. We have occasionally had problems with one or two things after an update has taken place. x