07 January 2024

Something New WLSC

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping. This month we would love to see Something New.
 

I saw this stamp, just before Christmas, and had to have it. It was on offer after all, how could I say no? 

I used a circle die cut to blend the centre, then blended the background with DO's, not as I thought it would turn out, but I liked it, so continued. I stamped the main image in white, then embossed in white, I did it twice, so it stood out more. Then moved the stamp a little and stamped with black. The fireworks were stamped in gold and coloured gel pens added more strokes, but they didn't show as much as I wanted.  Next, I layered the images onto black paper and attached to the A5 base card. I then decided to remove some ink in the fireworks with an alcohol cloth.

A larger card than normal for me and lots of blending and embossing, not all good, but I like the overall card. Because of the curve in the card, I need to flatten, it looks like there are no white edges, it's tiny, but it is there.

stamps - Imala
ink- Brilliance Moonlight White & Stazon
gold embossing powder - Altenew Vintage Gold
white embossing powder - Papermania Seafoam White
black fine liner pen - UniPin fine line
inks Distress Oxide - prize ribbon, faded jeans, squeezed Lemonade.
 

Our wonderful prizes for this month are
3 prizes of stamp sets from Stampendous

Don't forget, we will now require At least one stamped element on entries. Those of you like us, who love to stamp, we would still love you to enter your fully stamped entry.

 

21 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card Faith, you’ve created a lovely scene. xx

Mervi said...

Lovely new scenery stamp, gorgeous card!
Happy New Year;-))m

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Faith what a lovely winter scene I love how you have created the background and done the embossing it looks so effective
hugs
lolo x

Janette said...

This is beautiful Faith, The scene you created is stunning. xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous make Faith, the colours of the background sky are beautiful and have a real depth, and I love the technique with the white embossing and offset black stamping. Not seen that before but I must try it!
Pauline xx

Carol L said...

I love how you blended the moon behind the castle with the night sky, what a gorgeous card this turned out to be!

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous card Faith love the moon effect with the circle and great shadow effect with the stamping-brilliant.
Carol x

brenda said...

How could you not buy it Faith, you needed it to create tis lovely card didn't you!!

B x

Linby said...

You've used your new stamp to great effect on this wonderful card, love the sentiment too.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous!! Love so much the way you double the stamp to make the shadow, great dimension! The light around the lamp, the moon and fireworks give a lovely festive and magical feel to the blue tones!

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! What a beautiful card Faith, I love the design and the colours, a real festive sort of card, Kate x

HilaryJane said...

I can see your white border. It is lovely and even too. No matter how hard I try I always seem to get mine wonky. In fact the harder I try the more wonky it will be. I try not to stress anymore. Love the blending on this one. It is very effective xx

Shirley Young said...

It’s a great stamp Faith and I love they way you have used it. It has made a beautiful scene xx

Hetty said...

A great scene, Faith. Love the wonderful background and the embossing.
Hope you had a great start of the New Year!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous creation Faith, I love the technique you have used.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pat said...

This is beautifully put together Faith, and I love the magical scene so pretty with the blue background and the large moon behind the building and the lamplight, and the double stamping with the white and then moved a little and the added black shadow works brilliantly. x

Aimeslee Winans said...

I absolutely love the circled inking, looks like London fog! Magical and mysterious! Hope you are well, I'm on the Arfur mend hopefully, xoxo

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card, Faith!

creationsnz said...

I like the ghosting effect you got with the buildings and the circle enhances that. Great stuff! CarolG

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love everything about it!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh this IS magical! I can see why you couldn't resist this set! Vicky x