01 January 2024

Owl CCC

   Hi Everyone, my DT cards today is for -

Critter Crazy

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter...

Going through my animal stamps and dies, I saw this owl and decided to use him again, I used him here

I used an embossing a wood folder for the background, I then cut the oval. The background was inked to show the design. I then die cut and embossed an owl out of brown card, which has gold sparkles going through it, shame the photo didn't pick it up. I highlighted the face and front feathers with white, then inked over the owl to dim the bright white pen.  

I placed a piece of card behind the eyes and added a black gem to each eye. He was placed behind the oval and attached with his feet to the front layer. I then attached the embossed front layer to the background card, I pulled the ears out and added a 3D pad behind his head after attaching the body to the same card, next I raised the feathers on the chest.

I stamped the sentiment, with the same ink that had been rubbed over the wood embossing and fussy cut it. Two feathers were also stamped and added to the sentiment. I didn't intend for this to be monochrome, but it worked out OK, I think.

owl - Lou Collins Owl die, Magazine freebie
sentiment & feathers - Card Making Magic, magazine freebie
wood embossing folder - Crafters Companion
ink - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
white pen - Signo
oval die - Tonic


25 comments:

Janette said...

Happy new year Faith.
What a remarkable Owl, he is really beautiful and full of expression I love him. Beautiful card. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great monochrome card and love the Owl and sentiment-Happy New Year to you Faith.
Carol x

Carol L said...

This is such a fun and cool card with that awesome owl image! I love how you put this together and that one feather accent looks perfect!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy New Year Faith!
Fabulous owl, so striking! It's a perfect masculine card and love that sentiment!!

Beebeebabs said...

LOL toooo cute!!!

Leslie said...

OMGoodness, a FABulous card! I love that owl and the woodgrain background!

Sarn said...

A gorgeous owl card Faith.

Happy New Year to you xxx

pinky said...

I think that owl might be cross with me lol. I love all the added texture and he certainly is the main man!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Faith and I love that sentiment, it goes so well.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Vicky Hayes said...

A perfect masculine card Faith! I love the owl peering crossly out of his treehouse!! Vicky x

Dena J said...

What a marvelous owl die and you have created a fab design for it.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun card Faith, love the Owl, the embossed background and fun sentiment..Happy New Year 2024..

Luv CHRISSYxx

HilaryJane said...

Love that owl, such an amazing expression. Great woodgrain background too xx

Pauline C said...

Happy New Year Faith. Love this owl card, great die and the wood effect embossing is brilliant.
Pauline xx

Shirley Young said...

Great way to start the New Year Faith, a fabulous card xx

brenda said...

Always love a Owl and they do make great masculine cards Faith.

Wishing you a crafty New Year and hope it's a better year generally for your and your family.

B x

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a perfect guy card! I hope 2024 has been good to you so far. I've read a few horror stories, so I'm thinking mine is a lucky life, lol. It's raining here and cold for my joints, Arfur is cavorting around all smug. That's ok, he won't last long! Hugs, XOX

Rosemary said...

Wonderful masculine card, Faith. Love the addition of the feathers with the stately and diginfied owl!

Helen said...

Great owl and sentiment, Faith and a fab card.

Helen x

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Faith,

I love your Owl! I got an Owl die as a birthday present and was unsure how to use it. I like yours, so I may try something like that. Good sentiment!

Hugz,
Chana

Heather said...

The texture is fabulous!! And what a great sentiment! Wonderful card all around.

baileyrosy.com said...

love the owl's expression,looks like it has seen a tasty morsel down below. Gorgeous warm colours and great texture on this card.

Marie

Lisa said...

Really great sentiment for this die cut owl. So many people I could sent this sentiment to.

Pat said...

This owl looks great peering out of the hole in the tree Faith, and a sweet added feather with a fun sentiment too. I think my feathers were definitely ruffled as I got so behind with everything during December that I didn't post anything and didn't get to visit you either which was bad of me, but hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a very Happy New Year. I have looked back at your beautiful cards and I will definitely do my best to visit you more frequently and would just like to thank you for all the visits you make to my blog which I really do appreciate. x

creationsnz said...

Gotta love this owl in his tree home, lovely textures. CarolG