01 September 2022

Wise Owl CC

 Hi Everyone, I have 2 DT cards today, I hope you will be able to visit each of them, this is for -


Anything Goes but they MUST feature a critter as the main focus
Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter...
 
 
 
I had this wonderful owl die from my magazine subscription and decided to do a simple card with him. He was cut out from Kraft card and inked and shaded on his chest and around the edges and to show a little of the embossing in the die. I then added the frame die supplied with him. I added an inked piece of paper behind his eyes, I found the white made him scary. I added alcohol maker to the black of his eye and to his nose then added a white gel pen to highlight the eye.
 
I needed something for him to sit on, so went into my Cameo and cut a branch for him, I added the individual leaves, but forgot to shade it all!!! duh!
 
I used a die cut as a stencil for the background, using the top of the card which was above the branch. The sentiment was included in the die pack, so stamped it out onto a simple white card and placed it onto the card. 
 
I love how textured the owl is and how I can open up the tiny features. To keep those feathers and feet up, I added him to the background card with 3D pads.
 
Owl and sentiment stamp -  Lou Collins (Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine)
inks - Distress inks tea dye, vintage photo, mustard seed, shabby shutters
marker pens - Spectrum Noir
white gel pen - Uniball 
background die, for stencil - Tattered Lace
branch - Vinyl Designers
 

8 comments:

Janette said...

What a beautiful Owl, he is splendid, a gorgeous card.xx

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, a fabulous owl and great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

wannabcre8tive said...

Super cute card. Love the sentiment.

Hetty said...

Awesome background, Faith and yes a great sentiment.
Wonderful owl!

baileyrosy.com said...

Wow, I love your owl and its gorgeous texture and as for the cameo, magic looks really amazing. Great sentiment and a perfect match for your feathered friend.

Marie

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous textured owl and delicate stencilled background
Carol x

Rosemary said...

that elegant owl looks amazing against the lovely stenciled background, faith!

Carol L said...

What a fun owl with those eyes and feathers! Great stenciling behind the branch too for a cute card!