05 September 2022

Radio Birthday

 Hi Everyone, sorry I've been AWOL. A couple of weeks ago I was out watering the pots on the edge of the lawn, hubby called, I turned and was closer to the edge of the step than I thought. Over I go onto the concrete. It was a bad fall and may have broken one or two ribs. I also pulled my lower leg muscle and my poor knees had a bad time too, also my left breast it really has been an ouch time. I didn't attend A&E as I was convinced it was just a bruised muscle, but the pain became worse last week and I had to attend A&E. I was told it was probably broken or fractured rib/s, but an X-Ray was not required, as there was no treatment even if it/they were broken and to just keep taking painkillers, although I was given stronger ones to help me sleep. 

Anyhow, that's my reason for not visiting, although I did manage a little time on some days and tried to comment on some blogs, those I didn't I apologise.

Now onto why you are here, my card. I made it before my fall and can't remember why I did it? Maybe a challenge or something? I had this radio digital stamp a long while and used it for this card. I followed a sketch, used my Cameo to cut out 2 layers of the Radio and then coloured it with inks. Using clear powder to heat embossed it, although I don't think you can see the shine in the photo. I had a vintage paper pad and die cut pieces to make the sketch. I took a Kraft scalloped ready card and splattered it with gold ink, added the radio with 3D pads and the sentiment I also made and cut with the Cameo and also heat embossed all over. Quite simple really. 

sketch = Paper Play Sketches #08
image - Dr Digi
inks - Distress Inks, vintage photo, gathered twigs, walnut stain, ground expresso
markers - Spectrum Noir markers 
Silhouette Cameo
paper - Craft Sensations.
gold ink - Kuretake
 

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #217  B is for Birthday

12 comments:

brenda said...

Like the idea of the gold splats onto the Kraft base Faith, really dRes the eye into the other elements, nicely done.

B x

Janette said...

Oh no poor Faith I am sorry reading this, bless you I hope you soon mend, cracked ribs alone are a nightmare, sending get well hugs...well maybe not hugs with the ribs :))
I think your card is wonderful, you always get the sentiments just right.xx

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, a fun design.
I'm sorry to hear about your fall, it sounds rather nasty, I hope you are well on the way to a full recovery.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Oh my word sorry to hear about your fall and sounds pretty bad and no-no treatment for ribs just a case of rest and painkillers,hope you feel better soon but they can take a while to heal so take care and plenty of rest.Great card and love the vintage radio
Carol x

Maria said...

Wonderful card with the radio and pretty papers! Great sentiments, too! So sorry to hear about your fall! I hope and pray that you get to feeling better very soon! Take good care and rest well!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Faith, that sounds some fall, hope you are feeling better now and that the pain is easing now.
Fabulous card, love the old radio image and your design., take care of yourself, Kate x

Rosemary said...

Oh I'm so sorry that you had such a bad fall, Faith. I hope that you heal up quickly! Fun card!

Hetty said...

Hello Faith, I am sorry to hear about your fall. I hope it will heal soon and you feel better and less and less pain. Take care and do not worry about visiting blogs.
Your card is fun, love the sentiment and the idea.
Hugs and well wishes!!!

Sue said...

Fab card Faith and OUCH! I know how painful broken ribs are..so painful hugs and take care Sue xx

Nancy said...

Awww...Faith! I'm so sorry for your pain! I hope it's feeling a bit better by now. Take good care of yourself and let things heal properly before you start doing things again! Oh, and I like your card! :o)

Pauline C said...

Really sorry to hear about your fall Faith and hope you are feeling better soon .. take care xx

Carol L said...

I am so sorry to learn of your mishap with broken ribs! My goodness, you must have taken quite a tumble and I hope by now you're feeling better! I love this fun birthday card design with such a cute birthday announcement! Do take good care of yourself!