07 September 2022

Song Title TMR

 Hi Everyone, my post for today is for 
 I had a few choices in my head as to the title of a song, but this kept coming back to me, so here it is. Hubby guessed straight away, so I should think you would too?

I have had this wonderful image since 2011. I've used him twice before here. I cut him out with my cameo 3 times, just like a die cut, then coloured him with DI's, layered him up and then added 3D glaze to the puddle and his specs, the umbrella handle and frame, were painted with a silver glitter pen.
 
I wasn't sure what to do for the background but, when looking for rain in my files, I saw there was a group of drops, adding quite a few to the piece to be printed and cut, thinking I will add the drops individually! After cutting them out, I decided to use the cut-out as a stencil. Yep! I decided I wasn't that patient!

image - Mr Jones, Nana Vic
sentiment - mine, computer generated
inks - DI's tumbled glass, faded jeans, candied apple, chipped sapphire, mowed lawn, squeezed lemon, dried marigold
silver glitter pen - Uniball

 
 this is the cut showing the raindrops
 
 
 here you can see the tiny cut-outs, nope! not for me, so a stencil it became.

You must have guessed the song title it's 
"Singing in the Rain"

17 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love it.xxx

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, a great image and yes, I did guess the song.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janette said...

Defo singing in the rain even though you gave it away in your post, what a fabulous image and a gorgeous card Faith.xx

brenda said...

Guessed right Faith, had one other idea Raindrops keep falling....., great inspirational card.

B x

Leslie said...

Perfect card for your challenge, and yep, I guessed it too! Great card, Faith!

Maria said...

Truly a wonderful card and how you created it! Wonderful image and perfect rain drops in the background!

crafty-stamper said...

Perfect card for the challenge love the image and nor surprised you used the raindrops as a stencil-can you imagine adding those all individually!!!
Carol x

Nancy said...

Yes, I did guess it, Faith! What a fabulous card and a fun image. Brilliant to use the raindrop cutout as a stencil! :o)

Sue said...

Guessed it straight away fab card Faith hugs x

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous card Faith, and I think it's singing in the rain. A great image and design, Kate x

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card and image!!!

Rosemary said...

Great card, Faith. Have to admit I wouldn't have guess that it was Singing in the Rain.

MortiCraft said...

Yay! A song that I know! Haha! Great card and super idea to use the cut out as a stencil instead. I really must start using my electronic die cutter more but I always say that and it never happens! X

Fiona said...

Such a great image and a fun card - one of the great songs too - Fiona, teamie

Carol L said...

Singing in the rain brings back to many memories of Gene Kelly in that famous movie scene! What a fun challenge and a great resulting card with all those raindrops! So cute!

Marlena M. said...

Fabulous imagery and great way to turn the rain application around, Faith!

Monica C. said...

What a great card! Stacking cutouts like that is something I also like to do. I mostly cut the underneath shapes from black cardstock, then it already has a finished edge :-)
Hugs Monica