03 January 2024

Grandfather joke TMR

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for 

Wondering what to do I picked up a book on my desk and a joke appeared, yes! It really did, it fell out of the book. Well, I had to use it, didn't I? It's from a newspaper and is years old.
- Although, I just realised, as I was adding the photo, I used Grandfather instead of Grandpa, oops!
Anyhow, it's my card you're here for. I couldn't find a clock, that I hadn't used, but did find two, which was what I wanted. I took both into Silhouette, and cut and print 3 layers of each. Then coloured both the clock with DI's and the ornaments on the Grandfather clock and pendulums in gold. Adding gold to the edge and "handle" of the digital clock. I found some digital paper in my files, which I thought suited, and in Photoshop, I added the joke text to the paper and printed it. The clocks were layered and attached to the card. 
clock doodle - Janet Kemp at Digital Scrapbook.com
clock face - Fayette Designs
clock paper -  Gina Cabrera
inks - Distress Ink, walnut stain, vintage photo
gold ink - Kuretake
Silhouette

this shows the gold on both clocks


21 comments:

brenda said...

Our inspiration comes for all sorts of places Faith, you turned the surprise find into a super masculine card.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card and love the joke.
Carol x

Janette said...

How amazing was that Faith, haha, it was a sign for sure. I love the card you created on the back of that fun joke, its a winner. xx

Carol L said...

That's a fun joke that fell right into your hands and it played out perfectly on this great card! I love it!

Pauline C said...

Brilliant Faith … I absolutely love everything about this.
Pauline xx

Rosemary said...

Great card and joke, Faith! Wishing you and yours a very happy new year! Thanks for all the lovely comments in 2023.

Dena J said...

Delightful inspiration and a chuckle, Faith. Love it!

Dotty Jo said...

Happy New Year, Faith! What a clever way to play the theme - I really like your card and that backing paper is an excellent find! Jo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's stunning how an inspiration could arrive to a crafter!! :D Well done using this joke, such fun card! And perfect for a masculine recipient too!
Happy 2024!

Helen said...

Love this, Faith and what fantastic inspiration too!

Thanks for another great card for The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Funny and punny, Faithie, just my style, heehee.
Hope all is well, xoxo

Chana Malkah said...

This is a great card! I had to chuckle! You did a great job with the clock! I always forget about using the Silhouette when I need images! The gold on the clock is next level! Love this!
Hugz,
Chana

HilaryJane said...

It is funny what can provide inspiration sometimes. Love how this came to fruition. Very clever xx

Maria said...

Oh, what a fun cute card with the clocks! Great joke, love it! Beautiful images and love all the gold, so pretty!

baileyrosy.com said...

Happy New Year Faith! Your cards are always so clever and I love this one, and how about a joke falling out of a book of course you had to use it. Really made me smile and your lock is fabulous and very distinguished.

Marie

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the joke, Faith, and you have illustrated it brilliantly!
Blessings
Maxine

Shirley Young said...

Brilliant interpretation of the joke Faith, really made me smile xx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love this sentiment so very much! Great image and a fantastic card too. Happy New Year and blessings to you and your family. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and all your wonderful comments over the last year. I truly appreciate you taking the time.

Linby said...

You've turned that scrap of paper into a fantastic funny card - love it.

Happy New Year

Liz said...

Brilliant, masculine card Faith, what a fun design! xx

Leslie said...

I totally love this card! Great joke, lol!