01 February 2024

Penguin birthday CCC

    Hi Everyone, my DT cards today is for -

Critter Crazy

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter.
 
My Great Niece has a birthday this month, so I made this for her. I designed it in my Silhouette program, then cut out the main sentiment layer once, the adorable penguin was cut out three times, and the sentiment and scarf twice.
 
I then ripped some paper and using it as a mask, inked a snow base for the penguin, with DO's. The penguin was layered on top with the sentiment as if he was holding it? That's what I hoped.
 
I penned around the main layer, a little slip, meant I had to add more ink around the corners. I think I can get away with it. I then added glaze to the penguin's nose and eyes and sparkle pen to the scarf. 
 penguin - CreativeFabrica
scarf - Jendigitalart
Silhouette Cameo
 inks - Distress Oxide, speckled egg, tumbled glass

26 comments:

Janette said...

Oh Faith this is simply adorable, what a gorgeous image and I love the sentiment, all so cute. xx

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness Faith, this has got to be one of your cutest birthday cards ever with the fun play on words and precious image! It's just darling!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely adorable Faith, a lovely design and colours, Kate x

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card faith love that cute Penguin and that fun sentiment
hugs
lolo x

Liz said...

Your card is just adorable Faith, I love your cute little penguin.
Liz xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute card for your Great Niece!! The penguin is just adorable, and love how he holds the sentiment!!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

That little penguin is too cute and the sentiments are adorable too! Love the snow background! Such a happy card!

creationsnz said...

Aw Faith this is so very cute and such a fun senti. CarolG

Shirley Young said...

This is so cute Faith and another brilliant sentiment xx

brenda said...

It's great fun Faith, sure she will love it.

B x

Pauline C said...

Very cute and adorable Faith, love it! Xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Haha, adorably cute and funny! xoxo

Chana Malkah said...

I like your penguin! He just jumps off the page! The composition on this project is very nice!
Hugz,
Chana

Maria said...

Oh, so cute is your penguin card! Adorable image and beautifully colored! Such fun sentiments, too!

Hetty said...

Totally adorable, she will love it !,
Your sentiments are the best.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness this image is so darn cute. Really adorable card.

Vicky Hayes said...

Aw what a cute little penguin! Love the icy looking inking with the torn paper Faith - your penguin looks perfectly at home! Vicky x

Linby said...

So very, very cute!

mamapez5 said...

Love this one Faith. It is very cute and nice details added to enhance it. Kate x

Leslie said...

Absolutely adorable! That has to be one of my favorite-ever sentiments - I used it on a card recently!

Rosemary said...

Absolutely adorable card, Faith! Love that cute little penguin.

pinky said...

This is the most adorable penguin I have seen for ages Faith and what a brilliant sentiment you gave him!!

Heather said...

Very cute!! I love the sentiments; both are too fun!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so adorable. Love the sweet image and the sentiment.

Pat said...

You do some lovely things with your Silhouette and this little penguin with the fun words is brilliant Faith and love the added blue tinged snow at the base of the card. x