28 May 2023

Little birds

 Hi everyone, I was sorting through my stamps the other day and saw these NBUS stamps, amongst many I may add. I had to make a quick card, so I made a card in the style of Christine Stokes, and die cut 3 squares, the middle one just a plain die cut which was embossed, to enhance the edge. I also rubbed an ink pad over it to add a little something? 

The birds were stamped on the smallest square and coloured with DI's, I thought I would make them blue tits, they are so pretty. OK! In the style of blue tits! I then stamped the sentiment from another set of stamps. Layered the dies and 3D'd the sentiment. Quick and easy? Well, it was when I had worked out where to place the sentiment. 

A quick post today. I hope you are all enjoying the sun?

inks - Distress inks faded jeans, squeezed lemonade, shabby shutters, chipped sapphire, black soot
dies  - I've had them for years, could be all Tonic?
all stamps - Magazine Freebies, Simply Cards & Papercraft







26 comments:

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card Faith .. the blue tits look really cute!
Pauline xx

Janette said...

Such sweet birds faith, this is a gorgeous card I just love it.xx

Leslie said...

Beautiful CAS design! Love the birdies!

Sue said...

Cute card Faith love the birds hugs Sue x

cuilliesocks said...

Aww this is just so pretty Faith, I love the design and colours, Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card Faith,love the little blue tits
Carol x

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card and image!!!

Sarn said...

They look like blue tits to me. Very sweet card. Love your layered squares xxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Faith, the little birds are gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Christine said...

Very pretty and modern.

Vicky Hayes said...

You always get the most amazing magazine freebies Faith! I love this bird image and the way you turned them into blue tits - the prettiest birds in the garden :) Vicky x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such lovely CAS, Faith! Those cute birds make me smile. Beautiful design!

Shirley Young said...

Love the little birds Faith, really pretty xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Such an adorable card, Faithie, love your story how it was made and yay for magazine freebies, I'm just now "discovering" some of what I got a year ago, lol. Happy week ahead, xoxo

Diane said...

Very pretty card and those birds are so very cute!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

kiwimeskreations said...

A sweet CAS card Faith - love it :)
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

What a lovely card, Faith! Those birds are adorable! :o)

Carol L said...

Your cute little birds are a great NBUS find, and I love this quick CAS card you created with them. Adorable :)

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a pretty card (I love your little blue tits). The frames work so well, especially the distressed inked one, it works so well sandwiched between the white ones.

Dionne x

Linby said...

What a sweet little stamp and your CAS layout is perfect for it.

Brenda said...

Looks like a Christine card Faith! I love those sweet birds, the color combo of the blue and yellow. You did a great job CASing Christine and your sentiment looks like it is in the perfect place to me! Hugs, Brenda

Rosemary said...

Wonderful card, Faith. Those little birds are so sweet and colored perfectly!

jimlynn said...

Clean and simply and absolutely beautiful! I LOVE THIS! Cute little birds too!
Lynn

baileyrosy.com said...

What little cuties are these! Such sweet little birdies and beautifully CAS

Marie

Chana Malkah said...

This is a fun CAS design! Your birds are perfectly framed. Love it!
Hugz,
Chana

Lisa said...

Super adorable stamp and great CAS card too. I love using NBUS. I have so many that I really need to use.