07 May 2023

Flowers CHC

 

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for,
 
  The theme for this month is "Flowers"

I bought the Daisy die, a few months ago, but haven't used it until now. The theme is flowers, so I decided on the design, then cut the daisy. Only to find the centre petals cut out, which I didn't want, so I embossed the die, coloured it, cut it out and added the die cut on top, attaching it by the centre only.

Off to find some daisy digital paper in my files and found this one, cutting it to fit the bottom half of the card. I then decided to use ribbon, as I hadn't used any in a long while, and it matched the ink of the leaves. I attached the ribbon to the paper and then to the card.

A birthday sentiment was stamped onto the paper, decided it needed more, so drew a wiggly line and a few strokes. Card done!
die - "Charming Daisy" Crafters Companion
ink - Distress Oxide, squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber, & mowed lawn
sentiment - magazine freebie
dp - "Daisy Fairy" Carin Grobe
ribbon - stash




20 comments:

Janette said...

A gorgeous card, love the flower, so pretty and the design is gorgeous.xx

Linby said...

It's so pretty and the green ribbon finishes it off beautifully. Well done on working around how you wanted the die to work, it's such a lovely one.

HilaryJane said...

I do love daisies and this one is beautiful. I shall have to look out for it. That green ribbon finishes it off beautifully xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty Faith and the backing paper goes so well with the flower.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful fresh card Faith, I love the design and your colours, Kate x

jimlynn said...

Beautiful daisy and a beautiful card! Love the doodling around the edges and the font on that sentiment. Perfect card for spring!
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and I love the beautiful die-cut daisy and doodling
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful, I love the yellow, my favourite colour a gorgeous cvard Faith..

luv CHRISSYxx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful catdcFaith, I love how you used and coloured your Daisy die, the shading is fab and really pops!!
Pauline xx

Shirley Young said...

Really lovely design Faith, the die is really pretty xx

Rosemary said...

really lovely card, faith. i like how you were able to achieve the look you wanted by embossing the die, coloring the image and then layering on the die cut.

kiwimeskreations said...

love this Faith - a great way to 'colour' the centre of the daisy, and a beautiful card as a result
Blessings
Maxine

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh I love the squiggly lines and well done on that daisy, it looks perfect! xoxo

Brenda said...

What a cheery card Faith! I love that daisy die and the way you made it come to life. It's so fun and happy looking and who doesn't love a daisy?! The daisy paper is perfect and I just love your doodled frame, it's perfect. Hugs, Brenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

What a pretty card, I love what you have done with the daisy - such cheery colours and the ribbon is the perfect match.

Dionne x

Liz said...

Lovely card Faith, love the design and the ribbon is a perfect finishing touch. I really ought to use ribbon more, I’ve probably got enough to open my our ribbon shop! 🤣 xx

Lisa said...

Super coloring on this daisy die cut.

Hetty said...

What a beautiful flower and it makes a great card!

Chana Malkah said...

That is a very nice die! I really like the composition and color palette.
This is a simple and clean design! I love it!
Hugz,
Chana

Greta said...

So pretty!