25 May 2023

Cheers!

 Hi Everyone, I've been in playing mode, at last. I have a few stamps that I really have to use. This is card has some of them, using 2 sets of stamps to put these together. I stamped the main celebration image, then decided to add corners to it and decided to copy myself from this card and add the Cheers. I coloured them with DI's and dripped a big spot, that was not removable! I hate wasting what I attempt and try to do something with it. Hence, the shape of the image and corners.

Looking through some sketches to see if anything worked, I saw one that I could adapt, with a digital paper I found too, which I thought could work. I printed it and added it to red card. I cut a very narrow border then used a couple of off cuts for the banner shapes. Whew! A rescue that didn't turn out too bad.

I then went into Photoshop and designed an insert, and found a font similar to the font for "Cheers". Goodness knows where the verse came from, but I must have read it somewhere, as it popped into my head. I added a glass from my files and coloured it half full. A simple frame around the glass and sentiment, as I thought the front was busy enough and may have been overkill if I added the dp inside.
stamps - Polkadoodles,
 image - Celebration time
corners - Stamp Soup Rainbows
Distress inks - dried marigold, mermaid lagoon,candied apple,
crushed olive,tattered rose, tea dye 
digital paper - Nibble Skribbles Celebrate papers 2014 
 
 


 

23 comments:

Pauline C said...

Great fun card Faith and great rescue .. it turned out brilliantly!
Pauline xx

Janette said...

Hi Faith, I think that was a lucky accident as it worked out so well for this lovely card. Really love the images and the font is gorgeous.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful and so cheerful card Faith! Great work do cover your blob too! :)

Linby said...

It looks wonderful so bright and cheerful too. I like how you cut the corners on the image to show more of the DP.

crafty-stamper said...

Great colourful card,love the image and your rescue turned out brilliantly
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Perfect sentiment on the inside for that wonderful outside of the card. Great cover-up and as a result I love the design! Fun and cheerful card!
Lynn

HilaryJane said...

That's a great stamp. I love how you have made an unusual shape and that patterned paper works really well. Great sentiment inside too xx

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous and bright card Faith! hugs Sue x

Shirley Young said...

Lovely design Faith and how lucky to have the same font for inside, the perfect finishing touch. Back from holiday now so hope to get back to putting something on my blog soon xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card Faith, a brilliant design and lovely bright colours,Kate x

Rosemary said...

A fun and unique design, Faith. Whoever receives this card will definitely be pleased!

Chana Malkah said...

Hey, Faith! I was searching for inspiration for a birthday card and your blog was my first stop! I really like the shape of your focal. It is different. So if you see this on my blog...:D)

Wonderful celebratory card!
Hugz,
Chana

Hetty said...

You know, Faith, art is to cover your mistakes :-)
What a wonderful card and sentiment!! Someone will smile when receiving your artwork!

Lisa said...

What a fantastic layout on this card to go with that fun image.

Leslie said...

Super cute card! I love the design!

Beebeebabs said...

Love your card and image - perfect sentiment, thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Great card. Like how you've not gone with a square or oval front image.

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a perfect birthday card, inside and out, Faithie! I loved your retelling of The Bullet Dodge. I'm in great good company, lol. XOX

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Faith, love the papers [your printer prints well for you] fun image and love the inside sentiment..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky Hayes said...

How resourceful you are Faith! I would never have thought of this clever save. I love the image too - such a celebration feel. Vicky x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Cheer!

Wonderfully joyful card - full of colour. It must virtually burst out of the envelope.

Dionne x

Brenda said...

What a fun and festive birthday card Faith! I love the front panel with all the hands holding their glasses. No one would have even known you got a blog on it if you hadn't told us. I just thought you were getting artsy with your shapes, which I am loving by the way! Love the sentiment inside as well. I may have to CASe this one sometime if you wouldn't mind! Hugs, Brenda

Kathy D. said...

oh I like the inside! Saving that as I know I can use it! I like the outside too....great job with the save....I thought it was suppose to have the corners!