03 May 2023

Doggone it TMR

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for 

 
 I forgot a birthday recently, so thought I had better get a card ready just in case I do it again. As usual, I went through my files to find an animal that I could do my DT post and send a card, in one. Thankfully, I found this goofy dog.
 
I printed him out with a sentiment that I thought matched. They were both fussy cut twice for layering, you know I hate fussy cutting, it was only because I printed them wrong, and my Silhouette wouldn't recognise them! Luckily, they were a "simple" cut.
 
The dog and sentiment were coloured with DI's. I decided to add wobbly eyes, to make him even more goofy, and added glaze to the collar, nose, tongue, and bone. The sentiment font, "freshstart" I decided, was fun to match.

A leftover strip of card from another project was placed behind him. I loosely followed this sketch -

image - Elizabeth Dulemba
inks - Distress Inks, tea dye, walnut stain, gathered twigs, worn lipstick, 
hickory smoke, lost shadows, fired brick.
glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze
paper strip - Craft Sensation paper pad
eyes - stash

28 comments:

Mariann Jakobsen said...

What a funny card, Love it!
Wish you a joyful week!

Janette said...

Ha ha this is brilliant Faith, what a fabulously fun image and sentiment, just love it.xx

brenda said...

That's such fun Faith and I can just imagine the smile on the recipients face, beautifully done design as well.

B x

MortiCraft said...

Perfect for a forgotten birthday as the recipient will definitely forgive you after receiving this fun card! Love the addition of googly eyes too! X

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah ah!! How fun! It's an adorable card for a male, but I think it could be used with any gender! Love the details of wobbly eyes and glaze!

Carol L said...

What a cute and fun doggie! Great card.

Sue - said...

Just love the dog! What a great card.

jimlynn said...

This will keep me smiling all day long!! I LOVE IT!! So cute and fun!
Lynn

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card Faith, I love the expression on the dog's face, Kate x

Linby said...

He's brilliant and the sentiment fits him perfectly.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and love the goofy dog with the googly eyes
Carol x

Brenda said...

Ha! This card made me laugh so much Faith, gosh dang it, it is super cute! I'd say you followed the sketch to a "T". Love that dog image and this is perfect for when we are late or forget a birthday. Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

Shirley Young said...

Brilliant Faith, I love the goofy dog, really made me smile xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great image and sentiment for a card that you may be running late with, Faith. Beautifully coloured and made, too.
Blessings
Maxine

Dee's Craft Room said...

Ha ha ha, what a great fun card and the perfect sentiment. (I recently missed 2 birthdays, I wish I had him in my stash for such occasions!). I love this layout too.

Dionne x

Beebeebabs said...

LOL so cute thanks for sharing!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very cute! XOX

Maria said...

What a cute silly dog image! It makes for a very fun birthday card!

baileyrosy.com said...

Faith I love him !! What a super card I adore your dog he is super cute and his googly eyes give him a great expression. Once again your sentiment is perfect and made me smile.

Marie

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Faith, could this get any better? I think not! Such a darling card, and perfectly suited to a past-due birthday! Pure zaniness! Thank you so much for your kindly comment on my blog yesterday. You made my day! In the meantime, I have become your 205th google follower!
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Leslie said...

Absolutely adorable! Love that critter and sentiment!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh that dog is fabulous and works great for the sketch too. What a fun card.

creationsnz said...

Fab card. I would let you miss my birthday to get one like this! CarolG

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful image and you have coloured and presented it perfectly. It really brings a smile xx

Pauline C said...

This is great fun Faith and so cute!
Pauline xx

Rosemary said...

cute take on the sketch. the image is so fun and your coloring is wonderful!

Hetty said...

Such a fun and wonderful card for dog lovers.

Greta said...

Adorable!