01 June 2023

Set Sail QKR

Hi Everyone, one of my 2 DT cards today is for

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month

I used a stencil for the clouds on the background, then shaded the sky. This is a beautiful ship, that I just had to use. I added it to Silhouette, printing it and cutting it out 4 times, colouring one layer with Di's to match the background. The layers were then glued together. The sentiment was printed at the same time, after I measured the banner die and sizing the text to fit.

 image - Ship QKR Stampede
inks - Distress Inks, tumbled glass, squeezed lemon, ripe persimmon, tea dye
Silhouette
die - Julie Hickey
font - Beacon

 

 

20 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful scene, love the ship its gorgeous, I have a 'thing' for older ships. Beautiful card Faith.xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous scene Faith, I love the colours of the sky
Pauline xx

Linby said...

What a fabulous effect you've achieved, it looks wonderful.

jimlynn said...

Fabulous! This is awesome!! I love the colors you used for the background of the ship. Beautiful card!
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card Faith,love the background and fabulous ship image
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

What an amazing sky and your ship looks quite ghost like. Love it xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great layering of the boat and love the blended background!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous sky Faith and love the ship and how you managed to colour it to blend with the sky, wonderful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Faithie, I cannot wait for them to re-open, lol. I saw this card this morning at the challenge to record it in my challenge spreadsheet. It's on my list now, yes a gorgeous ship and you've made her so! Love the way you colored her and also that sky. Well done! XOX

Shirley Young said...

Looks fabulous Faith, love the colour theme xx

Hetty said...

Beautiful card and great technique.

Brenda said...

I am loving this card Faith! The ship is amazing, love how you stacked it to make it dimensional. Love the colors you used as well, makes me think of the sun starting to set. Just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Sarn said...

A fantastic card. Xxx

Lisa said...

Great ship and gorgeous colors you added.

Rosemary said...

wonderful card, faith. love the way you colored the ship to match the ink blended background.

Liz said...

Super card, Faith. The colours are just beautiful. xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really gorgeous Faith, I love the colours and the depth of the ship.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful scene you made here! I love the cloud stenciling and the inky sunset and the ship image is gorgeous too. Vicky x

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous CAS design! I love it!

baileyrosy.com said...

Another sensational card and yes it is beautiful but you really brought it to life with those amazing colours and the layers give such wonderful depth.

Marie