10 June 2023

Strawberries

 Hi Everyone, my card today is my idea of summer, strawberries and cream? The image is one I've had a long time, so I decided it was time to use her. I saw a sketch and decided to use it to show her off. I took the image into Silhouette to print and cut 3 images, one with a frame around her. She was then coloured using DI's. I added 3D glaze to her eyes and shoes.

 
I have had the digi paper a long time too, I printed it out and cut it to fit the card and design. The shape and the frame layer were added to red pearlised card. The sketch needed another shape, I found this basket of strawberries also in my files which I thought fitted in. 
image -Paper Nest Doll Strawberry - Magazine freebie Simply Cards & Papercraft # 175
paper - Newsletter freebie DigiScrap 2012
red pearlised card - Crafter Companion
inks - Distress Inks, candied apple, worn lipstick, festive berries, twisted citron, peeled paint, scattered straw, tattered rose, tea dye, brushed corduroy.
glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze
basket - PC Hugware 2005
 
 
Simply Creat Too #191 Lazy Days of Summer
Strawberries are Summer, right?
 

23 comments:

Janette said...

Good morning Faith, this is such a sweet card and the DP is so pretty, there is something about strawberries that is so appealing.
Hope your enjoying the weekend.xx

Lisa said...

Great use of that sketch and super cute image too.

Carol L said...

This is so so cute with all the strawberries which are now in season here where I live. It's an adorable thank-you card with a sweet image and fun papers!

jimlynn said...

Everything just fit together perfect! Love all the strawberries and that cute image too. A unique sketch and you nailed it.
Lynn

Hetty said...

Such a delicious and cute card, Faith.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Summery card Faith,love the cute image and basket of strawberries.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely summery card. You have made me want to go strawberry picking now. Lovely layout too xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great take of the sketch, love the strawberries theme! Adorable card!

Brenda said...

I love this card Faith! Yes, strawberries or any summer fruit screams summer to me too. Love your digi paper, love your two images. You have colored them up beautifully and made such a darling card. Love the sketch and your take on it, it turned out fabulous! Hugs, Brenda

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Faith love that image! and the design of your card hugs Sue x

Shirley Young said...

I love it Faith, all the elements look as if they were made to go together, a really pretty card xx

brenda said...

Delightful Faith, Summer on a card.

B x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Adorable, Faithie. Love the repeating strawberry motif. Hope you are enjoying your weekend, xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Yes, strawberries with a sprinkle of icing sugar, but not necessarily the cream, certainly speak of summer in my world too, Hilary.
Love your card - that is beautiful - your colouring is gorgeous and the other accents and the way you have used the sketch all add up to a stunner
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

What a sweet card Faith, I love that image and the lovely papers you've used, a pretty design, Kate x

Leslie said...

Super cute image! Love your card!

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a beautiful summery card filled with such strawberry goodness and how clever are you creating your own DP. Also how many files do you have? Must be in the thousands !

Marie

Rosemary said...

Berry sweet (hee hee!) card, Faith. That image is so cute!

Pauline C said...

Very pretty summery card Faith, and beautiful colouring
Pauline xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such an adorable little card. Very nicely coordinated with the coloring and DP.

Liz said...

Super card Faith, such a sweet image. xx

Chana Malkah said...

So cute! Love the papers and the treatment of the image is super!
Hugz,
Chana

Dee's Craft Room said...

I'm in with the strawberries and cream club Faith and I just love this cute little card. The image is so sweet and the layout looks great.


Dionne x