18 November 2022

Nativity WLSC

Hi Everyone, my card today is for the mid month  We Love Stamping Challenge.

 Please share our challenge logo

The theme for November is Christmas, so off I go to my stamps and put a couple together, here is the result. I die cut a few squares for the design, then coloured the larger one with DO's. I stamped the Nativity in black and the stars in white, which I embossed with white too. As an afterthought, I decided it should have a glow, so out with a stencil, I had cut with my Cameo ages ago. I placed it on top of the square and removed the ink through the stencil with an alcohol wipe, as I had seen some of you do. 

The next thing was to stamp the sentiment onto one of the smaller squares, I used DO ink and embossed it with sparkle clear powder.

I added all the white card squares to blue card and cut the border with my Mini Perfect layers ruler on the smaller size, then attached them to the base card, with the large and small bottom squares being 3D'd. 

There are some fabulous prizes, why don't you join us?

all stamps - Magazine freebies
inks - Distress Oxide chipped sapphire, wilted violet
embossing powders - white - Dovecraft, clear sparkle - WOW
stencil - Wendy Bird Designs, cut with Cameo
square dies - Tonic

 

26 comments:

brenda said...

A very stylish design Faith and the eye is drawn immediately to the lovely Nativity scene.

B x

Janette said...

Beautiful card Faith, I just love the design and that gorgeous image.xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful design Faith, a beautiful card, Kate x

Leslie said...

Beautiful card! Love the nativity scene!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your design looks so elegant Faith, and love seeing the true meaning on Christmas on it! I haven't Nativity stamps in my stash, I must provide! Love the way you realized the background!
Have a lovely weekend!

jimlynn said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the glow and the way you did it too. So lovely.
Lynn

Sue said...

Lovely elegant card Faith hugs xx

HilaryJane said...

Love how you have used those squares and your ink blending is brilliant, love the glow. I have some mini perfect layers too and often use them to create small borders. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Faith love the stamped Nativity scene and how you created the glow-perfect!
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Quite a lovely CAS card, Faithie! Hope you are well, xoxo

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful and so elegant!
Hugz,
Chana

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Faith! I love the "glow" of the stars and I'm intrigued by the alcohol wipe pushing the ink through the stencils...say what?!! I've never seen that done, didn't know that could be done! I love the squares layered up on this card, so pretty with the ones that are popped out farther. Love the true meaning of Christmas, Christmas cards. Hugs, Brenda

Shirley Young said...

Lovely design Faith, so simple yet so effective xx (new Christmas freebie in my Blog if you missed it)

Maria said...

Love how you designed with the squares! And, you nativity scene with lovely sky is beautiful!

Pat K said...

Beautiful, elegant card Faith.

Rosemary said...

So beautiful, Faith! The perfect Christmas card.

kiwimeskreations said...

This is beautiful Faith - I always love a Nativity on a Christmas card, and this is exquisitely used - a fabulous background.
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Faith, love the sky, beautiful scene and lovely card design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mervi said...

Fabulous and stylish card;-))m

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a lovely creation Faith. Yes I pray daily for peace on earth.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sarn said...

Super looking Nativity card for the festive season. X

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh this is beautiful and atmospheric Faith! I love the glowing effect you created with the alcohol wipe technique. Vicky x

coldwaters2 said...

Another gorgeous CAS style festive make Faith I love the stamps you have used and the design it looks ACE
hugs
lorraine x

pinky said...

That is just stunning and so peaceful Faith. I love it!

Linby said...

A beautiful CAS card. Sorry to be late commenting for some reason I couldn't find the link from our challenge.