18 November 2022

Coffee Brew

Hi Everyone, a very quick post as it's nearing the end of the challenge I have been persuaded to join by a blog friend, you know who you are. SO a VERY quick card, they say coffee on a card will do, so my plain and simple, I hope will do.

I have a few digital stamps with coffee, but chose this to play with. I print and cut 3 layers of the image, sentiment, coffee cup border and one of the coffee labels,  with my digital die cutting machine (Cameo). They were then coloured with DI's, not the best card to use with watercolour, but it was grabbed and printed before I thought what I was using.

The sentiment oval edge was shaded, and the coffee labels were added to the border cups, that I had designed and cut too. Anyhow, after colouring, I glued all the parts together and attached them to the card. Out of panic mode now, I know what I would have done to add something different.

image - Jessica Lynn
coffee cup - Silhouette Design Store
border - my own design
sentiment - my blog friend Hetty sent it to me in 2019
 

 

24 comments:

brenda said...

Two for the price of one one this morning Faith, this one is such fun and so cheery in those colours.

B x

Janette said...

How cute is this, aww gorgeous card Faith and that sweet little image.xx

Gail said...

What a great job on coloring up this lovely Brentwood image - hope you WIN big at the hop - way to go! Enjoy your day! bring on the coffee -- Hugs

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous fun card Faith, love the design and that cute little character, Kate x

jimlynn said...

It came out great with the distress inks. SO cute and fun.
Lynn

Hetty said...

So happy to see you posted to the linky party in the Coffee lovers blog hop and used Brentwood! Your card is awesome and daffodil yellow on top!!

HilaryJane said...

What a great little card, it doesn't look like it was that quick to do. I have a scan n cut machine and I don't think I have ever used it to cut out an image - not really sure why so I really ought to change that as I can see it has worked really well here. A lovely cheerful card xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image,fun sentiment and coffee cup border
carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I lost this post, how fun and cheerful owl with his cup! Beautiful colouring and design!
Have a lovely weekend!

Aimeslee Winans said...

This card "perked" me up, Faithie! heehee Your coloring is nice and I like the border, too. I skipped the hop this year but am caving into making a coffee themed card as a thank you and entering it to the monthly Christmas card challenge they do. I have so much coffee themed supplies but never know anymore who drinks it because we all getting older. Oh well, XOX

Celeste Goff said...

This is too stinking cute!

Chana Malkah said...

Wonderful, whimsical brew card! Great color integration!
Hugz,
Chana

Shirley Young said...

Brilliant Faith, just love that cute image xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute!

Maria said...

What a cute owl with awesome coffee cup! Love the row of cups along the bottom, too! Great card!

Pat K said...

Oh such cuteness ...such a fun card Faith. Love it. x

Rosemary said...

The owl with his cup of coffee is so cute, Faith. Fun card!

Chrissy said...

So very cute and fun..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a fun card! I do love a good play-on-words!

Thank you for sharing your card with us at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and made me smile Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sarn said...

Sweet! X

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a cute coffee themed card Faith and I like your little 'go cup' border! Vicky x

pinky said...

Looks perfect for the recipient and I love the bright yellow. Very cheerful!

wannabcre8tive said...

A super cute card. I love how you can put so mainy of the together and they always look like a set. Great coloring and design.