10 November 2022

60th birthday card

 Hi Everyone, my card today is for one of our Nieces, she is 60 on the 12th, this is her card, she doesn't look at my blog, so I know she won't see it. 

I am trying to go to my stamps before anything else to make my cards and I came across this lovely one of the perfume bottle. I stamped and die cut it, then coloured it in autumnal colours with DI's. I then found a lovely stamp for the sentiment and die cut it too. The numbers were die cut, and my paper choices were printed out. I added and coloured a tiny stamp to the sentiment, that came with the perfume bottle. 

It was then a matter of attaching the papers and the other items to the card. I added 3D glaze to the numbers and layered them 3 times. The large 60 I added a black shadow to fit in with the other images. I hope I've kept the design of 2 rectangles together? I saw it somewhere with one of the sketch challenges, and don't remember where. It just stayed in my mind.

perfume bottle stamp - Colorado Stamp Company (mag freebie)
sentiment stamp - magazine freebie
rectangle dies - Card Making Magic
number dies - tiny ones (mag freebies) lost label for larger ones
ink - Stazon
inks - Distress inks, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon, antique linen
papers background - Creative Fabrica
orange spot - Down This Road Designs
glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze



25 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a lovely Birthday card for your niece and such beautiful colouring on the flowers in the perfume bottle!

Janette said...

Its a beautiful card for your Niece, I think every women loves her perfume and the shadow number makes it pop.xx

wannabcre8tive said...

A. Beautiful birthday card for your niece. You did a great job coloring. She will love this.

jimlynn said...

This is so pretty and cheerful and just WOW! Love all the orange colors in it too. Beautiful card and I know she's going to love it.
Lynn

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hiho, Faithie, hope you and hubby are well and that your bruises have healed up and you can't even remember what I'm talking about! haha

What a lovely feminine birthday card for your niece. Who doesn't love perfume and flowers? Love the black shadow on the 60, it goes so well with the image and sentiment. Hope your week has been fab, XOX

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card,love the layout,papers and that is one beautiful stamp
Carol x

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Faith,

So glad to be able to start visiting again!

Your niece is going to love this card! You did a fantastic job creating dimensions for your numbers! They look embossed! Nice job!
Hugz,
Chana

Sarn said...

Wow, love this. I have that mag freebie set and (shame on me) haven’t used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really gorgeous Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

A gorgeous card Faith, lovely design and such beautifully coloured blooms, Kate x

Shirley Young said...

Looks beautiful Faith, I’m sure your niece will love it xx

brenda said...

I'm on catch up here Faith! A pretty image for a feminine card, sure your Niece will love her spacial card.

B x

R's Rue said...

Perfect.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

baileyrosy.com said...

Goodness, me I love that perfume bottle the flowers are so pretty and beautifully coloured. Love the peachy tones and use of different size spots/dots.

Marie

Nancy said...

It's beautiful, Faith! The flowers are so pretty, and I love the colours you used! So sorry I've been so absent. I have really appreciated all your kind comments on my blog! You're the best! :o)

Sue said...

Gorgeous birthday card for your niece Faith hugs Sue x

Hetty said...

This is beautiful, Faith.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card, faith. your niece will be so thrilled to receive this beauty!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colours and design Faith and a fabulous 60th Birthday card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

HilaryJane said...

Love that perfume bottle stamp and those wonderful colours. Your niece will be very pleased with it I am sure xx

Brenda said...

Another wow card Faith! I love this one too, that bottle of perfume stamp is so cool and you have colored it so beautifully. Love the papers you chose and love that you personalized it with your nieces age. You did great with your stamps, great with the whole card! Hugs, Brenda

Helen F. said...

This is one of the prettiest birthday cards, Faith! Love the color scheme and the perfume bottle with the beautiful flowers is so feminine! Lovely card for your niece.
PS: Sorry I think I really messed up the 2 comments on the card after this one which was a card for your neighbor's daughter :-o (I think ... LOL)

Hetty said...

Beautiful flowers in a bottle, such a wonderful card, Faith.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fabulous design! I love the perfume bottle image and the bright orange. Vicky x

pinky said...

Beautiful. That is a gorgeous stamp and you have showcased it perfectly. I am sure your niece loved it.