01 November 2022

Christmas Angel QKR

Hi Everyone, my second DT card today is for  

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month
 
I saw this wonderful Angel and thought him perfect for a Christmas card to send to a friend of mine. She loves her Angels. I cut the layer with the computer generated verse, the Angel, and the rectangle from watercolour card with my Cameo, as you know I hate fussy cutting! Then coloured the background of the smaller rectangle with DO's and splotted some silver ink onto it. 
 
The separate Angel was coloured with different coloured gold inks and 3D layered onto the background. The both were then layered onto silver card and laid onto the layer with the verse. 
 
I went around the layer with silver ink and laid it onto a silver base. All then attached to the main card base. A couple of gems and I thought enough, and kept it fairly simple.
 
inks - Kuretake Starry Colours
inks - Distress Oxide chipped sapphire
all card - stash 

I'm sorry about the quality of the photos, it was an awful rainy day when I took them.


This shows the shine of the gold ink.

16 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful card Faith, love the angel and that wonderful carol.xx

brenda said...

Mirri card is the worse for photos Faith, likewise sparkle sprays, but it's a lovely card depicting the true meaning of Christmas.

B x

Brenda said...

This card is gorgeous Faith! I love the angel, the gold shimmery wings are beautiful. Love the background you have this angel on, looks so pretty as does the mirror card. I bet your friend will treasure this card! Hugs, Brenda

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Faith! Love the shine of that gold and pretty angel. Lovely card.
Lynn

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Faith. Love all the gold and shimmer and great design. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous Christmas card Faith, that angel looks gorgeous with all the gold shining!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Angel and lovely verse Faith, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely brilliant Christmas card Faith and I bet the gold and silver with the blue background are even more effective in real life! I always like a card with the Christmas story theme too :) Vicky x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Angel image and yes I sang the verse -took me right back to school
Carol x

Kate said...

Such a lovely card, Faith! It looks so elegant with the silver card and base!

Shirley Young said...

Absolutely stunning Faith xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Elegant card, Faithie, the silver is a nice touch, xoxo

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful Christmas card. I love the Angel and the sparkle.

Rosemary said...

Pretty Christmas card, Faith. Your angel loving friend will very happy to receive this card.

mamapez5 said...

A rather lovely angel. I often use a stamp of half of that verse - "Tidings of comfort and joy". It is the sort of thing we need to see on our cards this year. Kate x

pinky said...

Photographs at this time of year are deadly and mirror card just adds to the problems but I think you showed it to us perfectly with both photos. I do love the card Faith.