01 June 2022

OLD Lady? QKR

 Hi Everyone I have 3 DT cards for today, I hope you will be able to visit each one.

This is for the challenge at QKR. Our challenge is on the 1st and 15th of every month, so you have 2 chances every month to enter the challenge.

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month
 
This lady had me chuckling as I coloured her, I fully agree with the sentiment also. I decided to follow a sketch for a change. I have changed it slightly.
 Anyhow, the first thing I do, with most of my cards, is take the image into my digital die cutting machine to print and cut the image, shapes and sentiment. I used one of the layers of my old woman as a mask and shaded around the image. I had digitally paper pieced her bra top, I glued them together, including the one I used as a mask! I then ink shaded the shadow layer of the sentiment and glue them together. 
 
 

It was then painting the image, I used DI's for her trousers, shoes, curlers  and scarf and then used water colour pencils for her skin, I find I can get better shadows using pencils. (I am definitely NOT a colourist and hope for the best on each image!) After she was painted I added her bra. I then added the background to some coloured card, placed a tassel around the check cut shape, I thought it looked like a curtain?
 
 I 3D'd the image onto the image on the background. I then added glaze to her specs and her nails, well she had to have shiny nails didn't she? Some glitter to the flower on her shoes and the card was complete. Shame you can't see the shine of her specs and the flowers on her shoes.
Distress inks - worn lipstick, evergreen bough, wild honey, tumbled glass
watercolour pencils - Nuvo
glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze 
glitter - Stickles
tassel - stash
coloured card - Dovecraft
Silhouette Cameo
  

10 comments:

Doreen said...

Love this , what a great image.xxx

Leslie said...

Hilarious - I chuckled too! What a great image and card! Love how you used all the extra pieces to shade and shadow!

wannabcre8tive said...

Super cute, Faith. Great coloring and colors.

Rosemary said...

Super funny card, Faith. Your coloring is fabulous!

Shirley Young said...

Made me chuckle too Faith, a lovely fun card xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a hoot, it's a brilliant image and a fabulous card, Kate x

Kathy D. said...

The curtain looks perfect since she looks like she is presenting her beautiful self!! Love it!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh this is FABulous! Great take on the sketch! Love how you paper-pieced and then added all the little details, she does definitely look well-kept up, better than me! haha And the tassel on the "curtain" element is perfect! xxox

Hetty said...

Such a fun and beautiful card, Faith.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Faith, this card is fabulous!!! I love this image...I can relate to this image in so many ways. lol I love how you stacked her up and I love, love, love the way you colored her and paper pieced her bra. The "curtain" is in fabulous paper and the tassel is perfect on it. Yep, I can relate to the sentiment as well. lol Awesome job with this one, it sure make me have a nice little chuckle! Hugs, Brenda