06 June 2022

Masculine 90th birthday

 Hi Everyone, a card today made for someone who lives in the small village, where I was born and bred, he was the son of a local farmer, hence the reference to soil, he is still very active and certainly doesn't look his age. I knew I had "Ted" in my files so went to find him, I took him into my Cameo, as always, and cut 3 layers of him and also the background which I cut into a circle with the sentiment I had added. 

I die cut the larger circle and a small circle in brown card I have in my stash, after measuring both to ensure they fitted the background and the die cut number. I coloured the image and background with DI's and attached the background to the larger brown circle. I attached all layers of "Ted" and attached him to the background. I thought a touch of a flower helped.

image - Ted and his Shed Dr Digi 
inks - Distress Inks 
dies - Tonic pindot
90 dies - could be First Edition?
hollyhock die - AliExpress, coloured with Spectrum Noir markers
sentiment - saw on the web 
gold card - Stash
 
Whoop whoop, I had Dr Digi card of the week for this card.


20 comments:

Leslie said...

Fabulous card, Faith! I love the bright colors and fun design!

Carol L said...

You make the greatest personalized cards for others, and this is another example of how special your cards are! This is such fun, and so perfect for one who enjoys gardening! I love the image and flowers on the side and what a milestone to turn 90! Fabulous card!

crafty-stamper said...

Sounds like the perfect image for him and WOW 90yrs-love the sentiment and die-cut hollyhocks
Carol x

Beebeebabs said...

LOL love your card and sentiment - great job as always!!!

Maria said...

Oh, what a fun card!! Love the image and all the beautiful color! My sis, an avid gardener would love this card! Well done, love it!!

Sue said...

I love this Dr. Digi image Faith and your card is totally fabulous! hugs Sue x

Pauline C said...

Absolutely brilliant - inspired pairing of image and sentiment!
Pauline xx

cuilliesocks said...

This is a wonderful card Faith, I love the image and your fabulous colouring, a super card for you elderly friend, Kate x

Marlena M. said...

Love this! Such a delightful scene Faith~

Hetty said...

Such an awesome card, wonderful sentiment and great image coloring!!

Rosemary said...

Absolutely fabulous card for you friend, Faith. I bet he loved it!

Helen F. said...

GREAT card, Faith! Love the 90 year old gardener :-)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Sounds like just the card for your friend. It's fabulous and so is the sentiment. It does always shock me a bit to see the Chinese companies outright copying American ones, though. Those Hollyhocks are an exact rip off of Impression Obsession's, right down to the curve at the top of the shorter blossoms. Every time I go on Amazon, it boggles my mind how many there are and I've even purchased a few, I'm ashamed to say. I just used that I/O die finishing up a design team card today. Your coloring on it is wonderful. xoxo

Shirley Young said...

Fabulous, fun card Faith. The image is great and the sentiment is perfect xx

Sarn said...

Fabulous 90th birthday card for you friend. Your colouring is brilliant and I love the flower embellishment. xxx

Brenda said...

What a great card Faith! I love these images, they are to fun for someone who loves to play in the dirt! 90, wow and still plays in the dirt, I'm envious. lol Love your coloring on this card and I bet that this person will love this card! Hugs, Brenda

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, a fabulous image and you've coloured it beautifully.
For some strange reason blogger is putting your comments straight into my spam folder, along with quite a few others!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janette said...

Sorry I missed this one I could have sworn I left you a comment.
I love this image its just such a fun and what a great card, perfect to the chap in question I am sure.x

Greta said...

Such a fun card--bet he loved it!

Karen Dunbrook said...

too cute and so fun!
xx Karen