18 June 2022

Dragonflies

 Hi Everyone, I think all my 'puter problems have gone away, my son went into settings the other night and the next thing I know I can comment on everyone's blog, so it wasn't Blogger or Google at all, perhaps I should apologise to them? I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to catch up with all your posts, but I promise to scroll through and see as many as I can, just not commenting on each one. Thank you for all your comments and advice, I appreciate your support

Anyhow, I think you have had enough of me going on about my 'puter problems, so I'll show you another card I did without my 'puter.

 I've had this Dragonfly in my stash a long time and when I go through my stamps, I think, I'll use that and then go on to something else, so at last I've used it. It also brought to mind that I was going through the web not long ago, after seeing a few Dragonflies on a visit to my brother and SiL and came across this symbolism of a Dragonfly -

A dragonfly symbol represents change and transformation. It is a reminder for you to shed more light and joy in your life. It tells you not to remain in the dark or the shadows. 

I thought it very apt after what's been happening to me this last week or more.

I had a scrap of this paper left after another project and decided to use it with a case of a card I saw in my magazine (which included the stamp) card ideas. Of course now I can't find it to link it! I stamped, using inks to match the paper, the panel and the dragonflies and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I layered the panel on card to match the paper and found ribbon to match it all. Not only that, but I stamped the sentiment in the same ink as the dragonflies.

Dragonfly and sentiment - Magazine freebies Simply Cards & Papercraft
sentiment panel stamp - Chocolate Baroque
ink - (very old) Whisper Archival ink
paper - Craft Sensations
card - Dovecraft
ribbon - stash


Is it me? Or is the font very small on here and on other posts. I have tried changing the font and the size to make it larger, nothing seems to work, is this Blogger? Or me again? 

I have just checked in Preview and this is large, why isn't my blog post? OH! Flipping Eck, here we go again!

19 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you are sorted. Gorgeous card

Janette said...

Beautiful card Faith and thankyou for the little lesson on the dragonfly, so nice to know.
Your font is a touch small, like the bottom bit though, hope you can sort.xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice as always!!!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. Thank you for your friendship and love. I’m grateful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

I was going so say well done on getting computer sorted then I read your last comment-but checking my blog the font is the same size as yours? Beautiful card and Dragonflies -love the colurful P.paper
Carol x

Maria said...

Very pretty dragonflies against the lovely flower background! Happy to hear that your son helped you straightened out your computer problems! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Faith and glad you have sorted your puter problems out hugs x

Hetty said...

This is beautiful, Faith.

Brenda said...

I'm so happy your son could figure out the issue with commenting Faith, glad it wasn't blogger or Google for once! I love this card, I love dragonflies! The paper you used is just gorgeous and I love how you did the "happy birthday" panel that the dragonflies sit on. Yes, that is good advice about the dragonfly and what it represents-I think we all need to take this to heart. I don't understand the smaller print and then the larger print either as I haven't ran into that issue...but I don't post as often either! So who knows if it is blogger or you. I think we will just blame blogger! lol Hugs, Brenda

Shirley Young said...

Such a lovely card Faith, the backing paper is so pretty. Glad you are getting there with your computer but I have no idea why your font sizes are different. I am going to make an effort to do a freebie blog post today as I haven’t posted on my blog since before my holiday which seems ages ago now xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Please tell your son we thank him, Faith! So glad you are back in Biz. Very nice card and stamping, lovely summer colors too. Good on you for using something from your magazine, I'm terrible at collecting them only. As far as the blogger type, this happens to me often too. I think we just expect too much from a free platform, don't sweat the small stuff. And that sinister Windows must have had your security hiked up to frigid, I bet he changed that in the settings. What is it with Big Brother making all these choices for us? I would love to visit Orwell's grave to see if I could feel the earth rolling, hahaha xoxo

Carol L said...

I never knew that about dragonflies, so your card is a special birthday creation! Beautiful papers and design, and I'm glad you got your computer issues sorted out. The fonts are very large and easy to read here so I don't get why your blog post is different? Enjoy your week ahead!

Rosemary said...

Really lovely card, Faith. So glad your computer problems are resolving.

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Faith. Love the cheerful summer colours and gorgeous dragonflies. Good to hear your 'puter problems have been resolved. xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Faith, lovely papers and dragonflies.
I'm glad you've got your 'puter sorted.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Vicky Hayes said...

So sorry to hear about your computer problems Faith. Thanks for the info about the symbolism of dragonflies - I've learned something new today! Your card is very uplifting with its lovely bright florals! Vicky x

Greta said...

The beautiful floral paper is perfect with the dragonflies! Lovely card, Faith!

Francesca said...

Very nice card! Love the dragonflies and the paper used! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card Faith .. I’m a big fan of dragonflies and this is so lovely. Love the quote you found too.

I definitely think that blogger has a mind of its own .. I can’t comment from my iPad on any blogs where commenting is set to “embedded” .. no.clue why !!
Pauline xx