12 January 2013

Salt and Pepper

I know odd title, but it's because of the image I have today.  It all started with Some Odd Girl blog, which had a sketch for their challenge, I liked it, so looked through  my Odd Girl digis and spied this and as Spring with weddings, engagements are coming up decided to go with Salt and Pepper.

I used Unforgettable papers and elements from Aimee Harrison, I've used it a lot, beautiful flowers in it, I made a cluster on top of the heart shape, from PS, after clipping the paper to it. then clipped more paper to the S&P and used a glitter style for the tops. couldn't find a quote I liked to match the image,so made up my own, not sure about it though, I may redo it.  I 3D'd the S&P and the quote.




We are off to Weston-Super-Mare today for our get together for our Mum's birthday as I said in an earlier post she would have been a hundred today, so we have used it as an excuse to get together.  I  made little boxes last night, (late doing things as always)  in Mum's colours (blue, lavender and pink) for the 5 of us and our spouses.  I have forgotten to take a photo of them and as I am on the verge of leaving haven't time to do it now.  I think that's it for today.

http://www.someoddgirlblog.com/2013/01/january-challenge/  Sketch









8 comments:

Shirley Young said...

That's lovely Faith and really different too. Hope you enjoy your day out.

Rachel Parys said...

Very cute idea with the salt and pepper, love it! Thanks for joining us this month at SOG!

Aileen said...

Super idea with the salt and pepper. x

Anonymous said...

This is so 'you' Faith, I absolutely love it! So original and very clever.

What a lovely way to remember your Mum.
xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

A brilliant creative card, love the image, and the heart
Janet

Sally H said...

A fabulous card. Many happy returns to your mum, and I hope she had a brilliant birthday with you all x

Chris_P said...

Wow this is so cute!! Simply adorable!

Bonnie said...

Love those salt & pepper shakers! And such pretty flowers!