05 November 2023

Nothing was stirring WLSC

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping.
 
There are some changes to our requirements for entries, we are a stamping challenge, but, it has been decided, as there are so many new techniques and products, we want to make it, so you can enter your different designs.

Starting with this challenge, we will now require At least one stamped element on entries. Those of you like us, who love to stamp, we would still love you to enter your fully stamped entry.
 
This month we would love to see all sorts of Christmas Characters, from Gnomes to Robins, Santa to Angels, and so many more that are familiar to us at this time of year.

A famous Christmas poem jumped into my head, when I saw the challenge theme. I went looking for a mouse in my stash and there wasn't one! So a shopping trip was made. I saw this little mouse on the web and just had to have him, to suit the poem I had to use, for some reason.

Anyhow, I stamped the mouse, made a mask for him, and using ripped paper and DO's, added the sky, then moved the paper and carried on adding "layers" of snow. I stamped the zzzz, then decided he needed more mushrooms, so stamped and coloured those. I didn't have a stamp of the poem, so I created it in Photoshop and printed it out and fussy cut it. 
 
My thoughts were going everywhere and didn't think it looked finished, so I added a die cut frame, then added the layers to 3D pads and attached it to the base card. The poem was added after I cut it out and inked around it. Next I decided a couple of snowflakes could be added, so splotted some white pen. That wasn't enough, and a couple of die cut snowflakes were also added. Certainly a very different card to what I had envisioned originally, but I'm happy with it.
mouse and zzz stamp - Colorado Craft Company
mushrooms - Magazine freebie
inks - Distress & Oxide inks
snowflakes - unbranded 
white pen - Posca

 
These are the wonderful prizes this month.
 Three prizes, two dies from Sizzix and stamp from Craft Stash 
 
Don't forget, we will now require At least one stamped element on entries. Those of you like us, who love to stamp, we would still love you to enter your fully stamped entry.


25 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Faith, that little mouse is adorable, I just love him, so cute and the position, on the mushroom is perfect. This is such a sweet card. xx

brenda said...

That mouse was made for the poem Faith and you've made such a sweet card using both. That poem always reminds me of the Chevvy Chase movie Christmas Vacation, it's one that still gets played every year in our house.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a SO cute card, Faith! This little mouse makes me smile and really he must be awakened :D LOL Love the touches of snowflakes!
Have a lovely Sunday!

Carol L said...

That is the cutest little mouse I've seen in a long time, and I love how he's sleeping on top of the mushroom! You created a precious scene with the perfect poem. Adorable card!

Pauline C said...

Very cute Christmas card Faith - the mouse is perfect for the poem, and your layout is just lovely.
Pauline xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cutie Faith, love this awesome creation.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the sentiment and cute image.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

oh how cute and adorable this is Faith I love that image and sentiment a super card
hugs
lolo x

HilaryJane said...

How wonderful that you managed to get your idea to fruition and what a great idea it was. I love it. The little mouse is perfect. Very well found. I always find if I am looking for something specific it will not be found. Gorgeous card. Love the sky too xx

Sue said...

Awww that image is so cute Faith! totally gorgeous card and love that saying too hugs x

Rosemary said...

That little mouse sleeping on the mushroom is just so cute, faith. Wonderful holiday card!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love your little scene, perfect stamping and snowdrifts too! Hope the bad weather last week missed you. I just now red about the storm over there. xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

It may not be what you initially envisaged, Faith, but the end result is beautiful - that wee mouse is so cute snuggled up there on the mushroom!
Blessings
Maxine

Linby said...

So very cute and a great idea to team it with the poem.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Faith, what the cutest of mouses, I love him and your fabulous card, Kate x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is adorable! Love the sentiment, perfect for the scene! Great coloring too.

Shirley-Anne said...

SHHH !! The sweetest image with this verse . love the mouse image and mushrooms delightfully coloured .

Shirley Young said...

A lovely little scene Faith, the little mouse is so cute and a perfect match for the sentiment xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I love this card, it's sooooooo cute! and beautifully coloured too. Absolutely fab snowy background I must add. Michelle x

Maria said...

What a sweet card! Beautifully colored and love the adorable sleeping mouse!

Vicky Hayes said...

How clever to make this little mouse fit the poem Faith! I love the way you've had him drop off on the mushroom - he's been burning the candle at both ends for sure! He'll probably wake up a bit chilly though lol! Vicky x

Lisa said...

This is one really sweet image and beautifully colored.

pinky said...

What a perfect combination of images and wording Faith. Works beautifully and the card is absolutely adorable!

Pat said...

I just adore that cute mouse taking a nap on a toadstool, and the winter scene in the background looks terrific, and the frame and pretty snowflakes with the piece of prose look great Faith. A fantastic card! x

Leslie said...

Super adorable! Nothing cuter than a mouse!